Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

+3
Captain Combusken
Harvest Ty
Todd Ingram
7 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:17 am

".........."

Puuntail kind of just curls up and passes out. Poor thing must've been exhausted...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

Post by Shailsnic Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:25 am

"...keh keh keh..."

The silence that was left in the alleyway slowly started to be replaced by small cackles from an unknown location. Looking around one would only see a dumpster, a box, probably something else as well. There were no bodies within it to have been able to laugh.

Slowly but surely a silhouette began to emerge from the shadow of the dumpster, still making quiet cackles to himself. By the looks of it, the being seemed perfectly calm, and was covered in ro- wait no that wasn't right. The being WAS the robes. Colors could not be identified, but a voice could be clearly heard as it looked in the general direction of where the Block and Puni ran off. What could be made of his face show almost complete maliciousness, though part of it seemed like mischieviousness and amusment.

"Well, well, well, looks like I just found my next client then."

There was another chuckle, and the being smirked his teeth being the only thing about him completely visible to one looki- wait... teeth? Robes don't have teeth... I guess this one does.

A sleeve reached inside of its main body and pulled out what seemed to be a picture. The picture seemed to be of a Blue Yoshi, written on the bottom of the picture was the name "Tungsten". The robes, still grinning somehow, looked at it.

"First though, I'm gonna need to find this guy, he's probably not mad that I forgot about him yesterday due to my... difficulties."

He chuckled once more to himself and stored the picture within his ro- er... himself once more. turning around he faced the shadows once more.

"Better get started then."

He walked back within them, and if one were to shine light upon the shadow of the dumpster, they'd see no evidence that anyone was ever there in the first place.

((Duplighost character everybody! It took a while but he's finally finished! I'll be uploading him to the Workshop later today (if I remember); right now I am not in the best place nor am I using th best device to do that now.))
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 pm

China watches the silent Puni as he rests. A few moments pass, a small tap sounds on the doors as a voice floats through,

Hey...Chi...Are you awake? Let's go eat...lunch. Comes the slow voice, that likely belonged to Boondaid.

The Tanooki-Tailed Micro-Goomba decided to let Puuntail rest, leaving him in her room.

The sound of one's footsteps grow weaker from the room.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Dusk rummages around in his pockets.

No, no, no...

He turns backwards.

It can't be gone. It can't be gone. I can't lose it...

He rushed backwards towards his room.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:02 pm

((Wellp, if this isn't my cue, I dunno what is! Pudini's still a tentative name for Dupli-Puni, but I'll use it for now...))

He waits for a few minutes, making sure that Chinablosque really left. ...Everything is quiet. He really wants to just curl up and pass out until hopefully-tomorrow, but there's just one thing he has to take care of first...

The tired 'Tapuunki' uncurls from his little ball and gets shakily to his feet, favoring the leg with the bandaged paw a bit. Then he sends his most threatening glare (which isn't very, honestly) at a seemingly-empty corner of the room.

"...Come out already, Pudini. Don't you know it's rude to enter a girl's room uninvited?"

"Heheheheeee, you of all people have noooo right to scold anyone about that sort of thing~!" a not-so-disembodied voice cackles as the creepy Puni from before lets himself fade into view, his unnerving black void of a mouth stretched in a wide, Jack O' Lantern grin. "How'd you know I was here, though~? I thought you were off in Broken Brain Land again~."

"M-my brain is not 'broken', you *squeak* jerk!"

"I know it isn't, silly~. That's MY job, after all~!"

Pudini's grin somehow manages to get WIDER as he continues, switching to a sing-song tone,

"But that doesn't change the fact~
That you have quite a bit of tact~"

"--Lalala*squeak*, I'm not listening, so you might as *squeak* just stop! Why do you always *squeak* to do things like *squeak*?! Stop! Quit it! Puuudiiiiniiii, cut *squeak* out! ...You're not even listening to me, are you... *squeeaaaak...*--"

"With pulling a Blue-Screen-O'-Death~
Just like Double-Crossy Tech~"

"--THAT DOESN'T EVEN RHYME! OR *SQUEAK* ANY SENSE!--"

"And when somebody points out that~
You're not at all a waste O' breath~

You just sit there like a mat~
And your brain goes all to heck~!"

"*squeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaak...*"

Puuntail buries his face in his tail until the whimsical Puni stops rhyming, shaking with either embarrassment, suppressed giggles, or both.

"Heheheehee~. Don't deny it, my silly little ditty cheered you up~," Pudini trills knowingly, slinking towards the door.

"I admit n-NOTHING," the leaf-backed Puni squeaks stubbornly, "And you still haven't explained why you did that."

"See-hee-hee, this is why you're the smart one 'Coony~. Nothing gets past you! 'Cept for maybe me~."

Just a few more steps till the door...

"For once in your life, can you just give me a *squeak* answer?! You always pull things like this and then *squeak* off to *squeak* knows where without explaining a single thing!"

Aaaand escape time.

"I tell you eeeevery time, silly~. You're too lonely~."

With that, the extremely eccentric Puni ...somehow... gets the door open and slips out of the room.

Puuntail doesn't bother giving chase. The 'jerk' would have gone invisible well before he could have managed to get the door open to follow him anyway. As usual.

"But that doesn't answer ANYTHING... *squeak-sigh...*"

((Sorry for such a long post with interaction between only two characters I control and nothing towards anyone else. ^_^; (Unless Harvest decides that China was eavesdropping or overheard on her way back or something, which would probably be interesting...)

Working out the chemistry between these two is kind of important since I'm trying to make a whole little 'family' of abmornal Punies and their identity as a group needs to be as solid and distinct as each individual character in said group for that sort of thing to work properly, I think... Or at least, I want their group dynamic to be good...

Anyway, what did ya'll think of Puuntail and Pudini together? Did the way they acted make sense? What did you think of Pudini in general? I'm not sure if I'm all that good at writing 'crazy' characters, but either way Pudini probably tones it down around his 'family' anyway... Also the whole idea of mine that they may actually be brothers.

.......I actually had to go look up words that rhymed with 'death', 'tech' (pronounced tek), and 'that' to come up with the poem-thing... SO not having that be something he does often/'publicly'; rhyming is HARD sometimes. Though, honestly, when I started typing the rhyme, I just had the BSOD pair of lines in my head, then thought of the intro to that, then realized 'eth' and 'eck' don't rhyme, then ended up making that have been Pudini's ploy all along by having him be using a pattern of rhyme other than, say, AA, BB (Ex: One Ton, Fat Cat)...

For anyone who's interested in poetry and stuff, I'll stick his full little poem-thing here in a spoiler complete with the rhyme pattern:
Spoiler:
Aaaand shutting up now. ...Oh, hey, Crimson posted while I was writing this monster of a post! Hi, Dusk!))

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:17 pm

((Nope Nobody heard anythiiiiiing, at least China didn't, she's downstairs! Also Pundini is the best. :'p))
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:47 pm

((...Hmm... I have no clue what to do, guess I'll wait for someone else to jump in...))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:02 pm

((Yeah, Punelipi and Jabbers are still after Shail and China and Boondaid are down at the Restaurant area alone >->))
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:09 pm

((....Soooo we wait, then...?))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Juuuuuuuuust guuuuuunnnna leave this heeeeeere~

http://colorslive.com/details/996890

EDIT: FIXED URL /Razz
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:12 am

((Umm, I did stick that in the post where he says that too, remember? Teehee. Buuut having it eeeeeverywhere is still fine because if there is such thing as the Rule of Cool then there must also be the Rule of Cute and this is its messenger. =D ))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:31 am

((Okay, I had an idea. Dusk is from Twilight Town, right? Well, Pudini sort of takes care of the Creepy Steeple, and Punskull lives in Twilight Town, so it isn't all that strange to think that they could know each other. As such...))

"Heeeeyyyy Duuuuskyyyy~..." a mischievous voice trills behind the distressed Twilighter, Pudini letting himself fade back into visibility with his usual unnerving grin.

"Did you loooose something again, Dusky~? Was it your pants~? Your shoes? Your smiiiile~? Oh, right, you're a downer~. Smiles are your enemy, aren't they, Dusky~? Heheheeheeheehee~!" the near-spectral Puni teases.

"By the way, Mayor Dour says hello~. And no, I didn't take whatever you're looking fooor~. Promise~."

(Why is this character so fun to write even when he's purposely toning down the insane for the sake of individuals he knows in poerson? ...Man are things going to be crazy once he starts talking to strangers, though. And with that, good mornight! Zzzzzz... ))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 pm

((It's been a few years since Dusk has been to Twilight Town. He doesn't recognize Pundini)

Dusk glared behind him.

I do not know who you are, but I would like to know how you know me. Nevermind, I need to hurry.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:33 pm

large image (recipe card):

A Shy Guy shuffles his way into the Cabana for the first time, looking around and taking in the surroundings. He waddles his way over to a seat by the window and sits down. He takes sheet music out of his pocket and looks it over, humming to himself quietly.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:30 pm

"Heheheeheehee~.... You may not know ME, but I know YOU, Duuuuskyyyyy," the Puni cackles, "Teacher always said you were his faaaavorite to turn into a pig~. Heheeheehee~... What's your hurry, Mister Dark and Dreary~? It's aaaalmost like you're afraid of something~..."

(...Pudini is probably lying for at least part of this; he probably knows Dusk's name from hearing a lot about him from the folk of Twilight Town and made an educated guess as to his identity. ...It would be hilarious if Dusk was one of the villagers Doopliss turned into pigs, though, tbh. Because my weird brain just pictures him angrily squealing at the belltower in the distance for some reason...

Ooh, I forgot the Cabana was for characters to perform/entertain too~...))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:35 pm

*Yawn* Not really. Just need to get something, very important. Goodbye.

Dusk tried to get to his room.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:47 pm

....But the Puni is still-- Standing? Floating? Where are its legs...?!-- in his way.

"Heheheeee~... Did you really think I would just not play with you, Mister Runaway~? Oh no no no, Pudini only does his act when people DON'T want him to disappear~! Heheheehee~. Let's play a GAME, Dusky, let's play a GAAAAME~."

((I'm not... being too obnoxious, am I...?))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:53 pm

((Not at all. I didn't want Dusk to get away from that conversation anyway))

Dusk stopped at the word runaway. Arms and legs locked in position he turned towards Pudini.

I am not a runaway.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:08 am

The Puni grins up at him just like a certain Duplighost.

"Ohhh, but aren't you, Dusky~? Even though you're sorely missed, I seem to get the gist, that you're a foolish little boy with a heavy pack, who's ohhh so scared to just go back~. Heheeheeheeheehee~."

((Hey, I managed another weird little poem! Pudini lets his Mend show in such weird and interesting ways. And also, I have no idea why having him act semi-clairvoyant fits so well...))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:10 am

Dusk clenches his fist and grits his teeth.

I am not afraid to go back.

He turns away.

There's just something I need to do first. And something I need to get to do it.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:19 am

"Heheheehee~. Say that to my faaaace, little boyyyyyeeee~. If you even CAN, that is~! HEEHEHEHEHEEEHEHEHEHEEEHEEEEEEE~!" the Puni cackles, its eyes glowing.

"If I turn into what scares yooouuuu most, I wonder what you'll seeeeeeeee~? HEHEHEHEEEHEEEHEEHEEEEE~!!!"

((...Aaaaand there we go. Time for him to be less sane. =D Am I doing an okay job of it...?))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:27 am

((Yep, the insane cackling is really convincing))

Dusk turned around towards Pudini. Cold steel in his voice he replied,

You want to know what I would see? You really want to know what I would see? I don't think you do. I don't think you'd gain any enjoyment from me seeing what I fear most, even if you can do that.

He stormed off.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:48 am

The Puni lets him go, its mocking cackling seeming to chase Dusk down the halls of the inn as the Twilighter flees.

"Heheehee~... Ohhh, sweeeeetieeeee, don't you understaaaaand~? I already have~! Hehehee~... Heehee~... HeHEEHEEHEE~...."

The door of the room next to Dusk's slips open a crack. It's completely dark inside.

"...That was cruel of you..." a dry, cracked voice says quietly, its owner coughing a little in an attempt to clear their throat.

"Cruel but necessary, Skullyyyyyyyy~."

"No it wasn't... You just wanted to screw with his head..."

"Heheeheehee~. Maaaybeeee~."

"He isn't THEM, Pudini... I know you hate 'abandoners', but... Dusk isn't THEM. You shouldn't be so-..."

That glow in Pudini's eyes hasn't gone away... If anything, it's getting brighter.

"--HMPH. Lie. LielielielieLIE. He is JUST like them," the hat-wearing Puni snaps at the person in the room, his voice losing its sing-song trill for once, "A dirty little COWARD who can't ACCEPT things for what they ARE and REJECTS people based ONLY on what he can SEE. People like HIM are the REASON THAT--"

"SHUT UP AND CALM DOWN.

Pudini jolts as if snapping out of a trance, eyes going dark.

"................Thanks, Skully. That was close~... Wouldn't wanna blow anything up again~. Not on ACCIDENT, anyway~."

"Welcome..."

((.........I come up with the WEIRDEST ideas. Did this make any sense at all?))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:51 am

((Yes, then again I understand some of the most complicated video game stories, so you might want to ask someone else))

Dusk rummaged around in his room. It had to be there, it just had to...
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:02 am

((What is he looking for? Also, what did you get out of that conversation with the mysterious room-dweller (lol who am I kidding) Punskull...? Also, lol, it's kinda funny how I just have characters EVERYWHERE.

Punelipi & Jabbers ~> chasing "Mister Star-Butt" the Bob-Omb
Puuntail ~> ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Pudini ~> Hallway
Punskull ~> Adjacent room

hehe.))

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next