Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

+3
Captain Combusken
Harvest Ty
Todd Ingram
7 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! Empty The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

Post by Todd Ingram Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Welcome to the Chara Cabana!

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! 7XbEu

Our Guiding Principle: We are fans of Paper Mario and the Everclear Night, and/or the video game series it is based off of. We like to make characters from the universe, and we thought it would be fun to roleplay them. And so, once upon a time, this thread was created as a place to host new, undeveloped characters so that players could flesh them out while interacting with other characters. This is the primary purpose of the Cabana.

Moderators

There are moderators to keep quality control of the Cabana. They will check in every now and then to make sure the rules are being followed, and solve problems as they arise. Some moderators will post in the thread as characters, while others will just pop in to enforce the rules. This list is VERY subject to change, but here is the current roster:

Todd I. (Me!)
BigBurkhart (if and when he shows up on the forums)

Notice to newer players: We highly encourage you to post a profile in the Workshop Thread before starting your role-playing experience in the Cabana. Getting some feedback on your character before you start playing can help you make a better character and avoid some common pitfalls.

Below are some rules that we would like you to follow when you post in the Cabana. Please read them carefully, whether you are new or old to the Cabana!

1. Characters and Settings

A.) Location
The Cabana is located somewhere in the Mushroom Kingdom. All characters from the Mario Universe can and are allowed to access it. It functions as a juice bar, an inn, a performance area, and a general place to go and meet new people.

B.) Characters should fit into the Paper Mario Universe nicely.
Spoiler:

2. Participating in the Cabana; Guidelines for Posting
“Be courteous and do not godmod!”

A.) General Guidelines
There are no prerequisites for joining the Cabana. Simply jump in and start a conversation with someone who is unoccupied.

a.) Indicate which character you are speaking to if you are starting a conversation. If there is no name, be as specific as possible.
b.) You can quote the previous post to enhance the clarity of responses, but use spoiler tags and do not post quote pyramids. You can be infracted for this.
c.) Before beginning a conversation, make sure the character isn't already talking to someone. Interrupting a one-on-one conversation is rude, though planned interruptions are fine. If they tell you to go away please respect that decision.
d.) When speaking OOC (out-of-character, as yourself) use (( parentheses )) or [[ brackets ]] to indicate OOC speech.
e.) Post containing only OOC chat are prohibited. Go to the Workshop thread or a private medium for that.
f.) Images posted here may consist of only standard sprites of your character, or art of the same size/style. Meme/OOC images are forbidden; use common sense.
g.) Double posting should be avoided at all costs. If you accidentally make one, you can delete it with the use of the edit post tool.

3. Fights

Fights are a different kind of roleplay, so they need special rules. Please read this next important section carefully.

a. Avoid fights if possible! There are usually other options besides instantly pulling out a weapon, so try the peaceful options first. Characters may occasionally be violent or boisterous, but that doesn't mean they have to put a hammer in anyone they don't like. We strongly discourage anything beyond light sparring.
b. If you must engage in a fight, please contact the other players privately (PM/chat client) to plan things out. It is good to have an end result and a plan to avoid annoying one-upmanship contests.
c.Follow fighting etiquette: describe your character's actions thoroughly. Avoid godmodding. A good example of roleplaying an action is: “I duck into my shell and spin toward your character.” It explains the action and gives the other character a chance to respond.
An example of godmodding is: "I smash your head in with my hammer." You don't have control over the other character's actions.
d. Do not get involved in someone else's fight! It gets complicated.
e. If a fight goes too long a mod may ask that you wrap it up or take it outside of the Cabana. The Cabana is not a place meant for fighting

4. Romance

Romance in any Mario game is usually reduced to sweet nothings and the occasional peck on the cheek. The Cabana is not a swinging singles club. Keep it G. Mods will ask you to leave if things get out of hand.

5. Problems
“Here to help!”

A.) Dealing with others
Problems will happen, whether they are excessive fights, godmodding, or another player causing drama. If you have a problem with someone, contact them privately and politely, not in the thread.

B.) The Mod Team
The mod team will only contact you for legitimate reasons; we aim to create a good RP atmosphere, not to harass individuals.

a.) The mods will try to keep the peace, and if one of them sees a problem involving your character they will send you a polite PM asking for an explanation. Characters will be asked to leave if they cause constant problems, violate the rules, or need revision.

C.) Warning System

At first, we're not going to implement a warning system. If we decide one is necessary, we'll add one. Please don't make us.

6. Rule Changes
“We reserve the right…”

The rules may be changed at any time without notification, so it's wise to check the rules occasionally. Remember the goal is to have fun, so be polite and enjoy yourselves!

/rules

The sun shone outside of the small establsihment. Saulo and Marina K. give each other a look of anxiety and excitement: today is the opening day of the Chara Cabana! Their dream was to help others find friendship with one another the same way that they did, for friendship is the greatest gift that anyone can give! Saulo washes glasses behind the counter, while Marina organizes the register.

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! 3xr6yb5

The door swings open, and a blue Yoshi walks in silently and inconspicuously. He sits himself down at a booth at the far end of the cabana and takes out a sheaf of important looking papers.

My contact should be here any minute now. This place seems safe enough for a public establishment...

Before the door can even close all the way, a small, glowing Li'l Cinder flies in, spinning as she floats to the counter.

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! 5HUPbbI

Oh my gosh, I just love new businesses. I'm on this awesome new diet that I'm totally sticking to forever, so I can only eat things that have between .7 and .9 pounds of Super Shroom. Got any of that?

Saulo and Marina glance at each other.

Yay, customers!

Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! Empty Re: The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

Post by Harvest Ty Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Chinabloque nervously enteted the shop quietly. She paced towards a stool near the bar and struggled to climp atop the lofty seat...Her lack of hands only made it harder.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! Empty Re: The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

Post by Captain Combusken Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Chi wasn't having a great day. He hadn't received any jobs, and whilst he certainly didn't approve of crime, it did mean that he was lacking in funds. It was going to be a rough week if it carried on at this rate. He glumly wandered the streets of Rhytm city, heading back to the small appartment he xalled home. Oh how he wished he could not live here. Just the thought of living in a nice, comfortable home filled him with glee. Sadly, that dream was a long way away. But he'd make it. He knew he could.

It was windy that day, enough for things to float around, and that was how a poster landed on the Yoshi's face. He peeled it off and inspected it through his shades. It was a poster advertising the "Chara Cabana". Chi connected the dots very quickly. A big social place like this? He was bound to find some work! It was decided. He would make his way there now! And so he ran towards the Canana, his blue cape blowing out in the wind.
---
It wasn't long before the Yoshi was standing in front of the Cabana. He didn't waste much time. He was way too excited, and so he rushed to the door and practically jumped inside, effectively slamming the door behind him. He stood up with his chest puffed out and looked at the people in the cabana.

"Hey, guys and gals. How are ya doing? Yeah yeah, I know, it's me, Chi, the famous sleuth. No need to shower me with praise, I already bathe in the stuff. So, is there anyway that I can help you all? Any problems of late? I'm your man, well, Yoshi, if you do, ok?"
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Captain Combusken wrote:

"Hey, guys and gals. How are ya doing? Yeah yeah, I know, it's me, Chi, the famous sleuth. No need to shower me with praise, I already bathe in the stuff. So, is there anyway that I can help you all? Any problems of late? I'm your man, well, Yoshi, if you do, ok?"

Cindy hears this, and floats over to this SUPER CUTE Yoshi to strike up a conversation.

Wow, so you, like, actually solve mysteries and stuff? Sorry if I've never heard of you, I'm sort of too caught up in my own fame to notice other people! Tee hee! I went through a "detective" phase a while ago, but it just wasn't my thing, y'know? But I do, like, know enough about it to have a conversation if I need to.

She giggles.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Combusken Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Soon after his grand entrance, a small, glowing creature that Chi recognised as a Lil' Spark came over to him, claiming to also be famous. Chi did very vaguely recognise her, but that was it, and whilst that may have been because he wasn't exactly to most sociable of individuals, he also doubted that the Lil' Spark was that famous. She also asked if he actually solved crimes.

Well of course I solve crimes. That's kind of what a sleuth does. Why, have you got any need for my services? Oh, and what's your name, anyway? I recognise you from somewhere.
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:49 pm

(http://papermarioandtheeverclearnight.wikia.com/wiki/Shailsnic%27s_Bob-omb

Let's do this.)

...Well, this seemed to be the right spot. A black bob-omb walked into the fine establishment. Upon his back was a Prism in the shape of a star instead of the normal key one would expect, at the end of his fuse was another prism star. He was here on a mission, he needed to become a worker until the place could live on its own, best to have more than just TWO PEOPLE run an establishment no?

Looking around he saw six unique looking beings. Sitting in one of the chairs against the far right corner at the back was a mostly Black Yoshi that had a blue head. He seemed to be cautious about something, and slight bored waiting, in his hands were papers of unidentifiable nature from this distance. Behind the counter was a blue Pianta wearing beach related clothing, if the bomb could remember properly that was one of the proprietors of the establishment. If that was the case he should head over to him first. Close to the Pianta was a Noki, probably the second proprietor, definitely heading over there first.

He decided that he should at least look at the others before actually going to apply, there was what seemed to be a moving question mark block near a stool at the bar. That same block seemed to be having difficulties, the bomb sympathized with her somewhat, but only somewhat for reasons that will be kept to himself. It was at this point he began to pay attention to the two in front of him, the ones blocking most of the door way. One of them was a loud and boastful Yoshi it seemed, he wore a blue cape and sunglasses, kinda seemed like a show off but the bomb won't judge. The other one seemed to be some sort of crystal floating ball made up of some unknown red material. It seemed feminine so the bomb assumed it was a girl. atop her head was a beautiful flame that contained every color, quite an impressive feat considering the amount of Elements that are needed to create a constant batch of rainbow fire like that o-

...That's when the realization came, there was a LITERAL BALL OF FIRE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PLACE. ...okay, no need to panic, just AVOID HER AT ALL COSTS, just do it, no need to be afraid, yeah, that's it, just caaaalm down now.

After gathering his bearings, he finally decided to get his butt moving, noticing he didn't need to help the block anymore he made his way to the stool that was in front of the Pianta, or at least he assumed. Gathering as much strength as he could, he made a mighty jump and landed atop the red cushioned seat. Now all he had to do was wait until the Pianta noticed his existence.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:54 pm

China continued to struggle for a second before she remembered her tail. The goomba in the Question block felt a little joy at her remembrance. She coiled her tail under her and released it in a blur, Flying over the chair. The Pile driver Micro-Goomba then settled down on the chair, the block tilted slightly, as if she wanted to say something...but could not.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:56 pm

Cindy laughs, as her ponytail begins to twirl itself in interest.

My name's Cindy! You might have seen me working at Goom Goom Baby. I'm basically the heart and soul of the place. I've also done concerts and exhibitions, like, practically everywhere. And no, I don't really have any problems right now that I can think of, but my life is, like, totally full of drama, so you never know when a mystery is going to pop up. I'll keep you in mind!

~~~

Saulo pauses in the middle of a glass-polish and turns to the Bob-Omb and the blocky Micro-Goomba sitting at the stool.

Hey there, fella! What'll it be?
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:02 pm

A Twilighter walked up to the front of the establishment. He knew this is not where he would find what he was looking for, but he was hungry and tired. Even he could not deny there was a time for respite. He entered the building, obviously annoyed at having to stop. He looked around and saw the others. Sighing, he realized this was probably not going to be a relaxing rest.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:05 pm

...Crap, this might be a little bad. Hopefully this time the bomb can actually get the request across without too much trouble. Let's see here... how to go about this...

The bob-omb looks up at the Pianta and just shakes his head, hopefully that'll do it.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Combusken Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Chi was extremely excited inside and was struggling to contain his excitement. He wasn't particularly enjoying the hair, though. He thought that maybe Cindy was trying a little to hard to get noticed.

It's nice to meet you, Cindy! Thanks! I'll look forward to helping you in your endeavors. Oh, by the way, your hair is rather interesting.
~~~
Cooper ambled into the Cabana. He'd just finished work for the day, and was looking forward to just relaxing. He'd only managed a one hour sleep at work before Major Trupp had woken him up and scolded him. It was good of the major to do that, Cooper supposed, but it messed with his highly important sleep.

He ambled some more, not really taking in his surroundings, and then noticed the bar. He shuffled over there and sat down on one of the stools next to a box shape. The Koopa didn't really take in what it was.

Hey Barman dude, can I get a soda?
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:11 pm

The Yoshi notices the hooded figure, and perks up a little. Cautiously, he makes his way over to the front of the establishment where he stood. He can't see the figure's face clearly under his hood. Good thing he remembered to digsuise himself, he thought. The Yoshi clears his throat, then speaks rather cryptically.

Excuse me, sir, might you spare a cog for a broken watch of mine?

~~~~~

Saulo resumes washing a glass as he continues to speak to the Bob-Omb

Well, that's perfectly fine! If you need anything, me and Marina K. will be right there for you! And if you're not a talker, we've got some pen and paper you can use if you want to make an order or strike up a chat with someone.

He turns to the armored Koopa with a smile.

Certainly, my good man! Any particular brand you fancy?

~~~~~~

Cindy lights up, clearly delighted that he brought up her hair.

Oh, hee hee, thanks. I put some dye in the little volcano up there on my noggin to get this effect. I had to use, like, twenty different brands before I found one that didn't make me sick, but hey, it was totally worth it! Artistic expression and all that. Say, what did you say your name was again?
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:19 pm

The bomb taps against the counter with his fusebox shortly after the Pianta looks away, trying to get his attention at the note that somehow got placed upon the counter while no one was looking in his general direction. The note that was definitely not placed by him contained two simple words "Temporary Job".
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:22 pm

"Oof!" a small voice yelps, accompanied by a thud as a small, grey form bumps into the door of the cafe from the outside.

"Not again... Punelipi, you can't just go running ahead like that!" a second voice, just as low to the ground as the first, scolds, "You did manage to find a good-looking place, though..."

"Hee~... Told you Pungry's the best of the best in getting people where they wanna go~... Speaking of, can we go in yet?? I'm so hungry..."

"Uhh, hang on... Hey, can somebody open the door in there? We kinda don't have hands."

((Punelipi the Blind Puni and Jabberwonky/"Jabbers" the Groundbound Jabbi (he's acrophobic)))
The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! PuniandJabby-1
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Saulo smiles. Some people do like their privacy, he guesses.

Well, I don't see why we wouldn't be able to let you hang around and work for a little bit! Me and Marina have got the counter and preparation stuff pretty much covered, but if you want you can go around the tables and take orders. That's more of a listening than a talking job.

Before that, though, you should probably help those Boggly Woods types in. Seems like they can't open the door!

~~~~~

The Yoshi notices the face of the Twilighter and recoils. He pauses, then mesaures himself.

Apologies. I mistook you for someone else. It won't happen again.

He returns to his seat, slightly disgruntled. Perhaps he should order something as to make himself less suspicious, making up for that careless blunder.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Combusken Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Nah thanks man, just whatever you recommend, said Cooper Sleepily. He sat there for a while, just chilling, when he realised that one of the voices in the room was kinda familiar. He slowly cranked his neck, making sure his spear didn't accidentally pierce his skin, and sure enough, there was his good buddy Chi! That dude was cool. He'd helped out at the palace a coupla times. Seemed pretty cool.
~~~
Oh God, thought Chi, Does she ever shut up? Man, that girl likes herself. Oh well, never mind then. Just casually easy yourself away.

Chi. My name's Chi, said the orange Yoshi slightly irritably. Erm, it was lovely talking to you Cindy, but I gotta go to the little Dino's room. Seeyabye!

Chi rushed off in the direction of the toilets. He did need them, but the conversation was getting a little too much for him. He was perfectly happy to talk to clients, but long social encounters were just not his thing.

(That'll have to be the last for me, I'm afraid. It's like 1:30 AM here and I have to be awake at 7:15 for school. See ya!)
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Cindy smiles at him as he runs off to the lavatory, then drops her face a bit as she turns back to the counter.

Wow. Ru-ude! Some people just love to hear themselves talk, and then hightail it out when they're all done? Know what I mean?

She's talking to no one in particular. Or, she guesses, whoever will listen.

((Good night! Also, yess, Cindy's having the effect she's supposed to))
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:33 pm

China tries to think of a way to inform the bartenders of her presense. Looking around the micro-goomba realizes that nobody has even really noticed her. She eventually decides to tap her tail on the wooden bar softly in hopes that someone will notice her presence.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Marina looks up from the register and sees the blocky Micro-Goomba tapping her tail on the wood. She hurries over.

Hey! Welcome to the Cabana! Sorry, Saulo's a little busy, but I can take your order if you want something!
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:36 pm

The bomb nods and turns around in his seat. Jumping to the floor with a thud he walks over to the door. The denizens of Boggly woods stood there as he approached. Probably wondering how they he was going to open the door. Truth be told he wasn't, these are push doors.

He taps his foot, runs to the closest table, and pretends to push against it. He doubts that'll get the point across but it might!
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 pm

China gestures a bit wildly with her tail. Trying to make some kind of point, but with nothing but a tail (Her face obscured by the block) she has trouble conveying her point. She looks around, and upon spotting an entrance into what she believed to be the inn, she pointed her tail straight at it.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:55 pm

"...Seriously-- They were-- all along...?! Uuugh,", the Jabbi groans, dragging the small weight chained to his belt along behind him as he starts trying to get the door open with his own (admittedly miniscule) weight. "Mnnngh! 'Neli, a little help here? They're push-doors."

"Of course, Jabbers," the little Puni girl with the odd darkened eyes and equally strange light-ball trills softly, "Am I lined up in front of it okay?"

"No, not quite. A bit to your left-- there, that's it. Straight ahead. Just don't--"

"CHAAAAAAARGE!!!" the tiny little thing squeaks at the top of her lungs, barreling at the door and tumbling into the cafe alongside her currently disoriented, knocked-over Jabbi companion. "Are we inside? The air is cooler here..."

"why do you always have to do thaaaat... ( @.@; ) "

"Puni instinct, sorry! I really can't help it, Jabbers, you know that...! And I'll take that as a yes...?"

"*groan*"

"Oh, and thank you very much to whoever showed Jabbers this was a push door," the little Puni adds, staying right where she is.

((I have no idea what weir quirks to give Jabbers... -.-; Also nope, there was no way I could resist having Punelipi charge like the Punis in PMTYD do~...))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Marina's face lights up when the Goomba points at the inn!

Oh, you wanna stay a night! That's fine, we've got a whole lot of vacancies! It's 5 coins a night for a regular room, and 15 coins for a deluxe room, which I must say has a heck of a view of the beach! If you've got yourself an Inn Coupon, the regular rooms are free and the deluxe will only run you 5.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Working at an inn herself, China has a few coupons-which she always ends up carrying around- and quickly shuffles around in her skirt. She gets a coupon and heads back to the chair, recoiling her tail to bounce to the top.

...Unfortunately she overshoots and flies straight towards a puni and a Jabbie standing together!
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:07 pm

The bomb provides the happiest expression one can with lack of a mouth. When he opens his eyes however he realizes that the Puni can't see, she's looking in the completely opposite direction to him. Kinda saddening really, especially considering he was mute and has to talk through gestures. She seemed like a really nice girl, he wouldn't mind wanting to know her.

Making a mental note on learning how to communicate through morse code later, he taps his foot twice quickly, hoping she understood that he heard her and wasn't being rude. Afterwards he headed back to the bartender, ready to obtain his next objective. coming to the stool he was at before, he mustered his strength once again and jumped high enough to land a top the red cushion once more. There he sat once more, waiting.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next