Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The E.G.O General Discussion/Suggestion/Randomization Thread

+5
turtleOracle
arcaneScribbler
Harvest Ty
gloomyMoron
Dreamscythes231
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The E.G.O General Discussion/Suggestion/Randomization Thread Empty The E.G.O General Discussion/Suggestion/Randomization Thread

Post by Dreamscythes231 Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:51 am

A discussion thread for our ever handy E.G.O.

How we actually use it and not have clawed each other's eyes for supremacy has still dumbfounded me to this day. One of life's miracles.

Want to suggest a mod? Here is the place. Want to discuss some mods? Here is the place. Want to get dire? Go somewhere else please. Thank you.

Now get talking fellow Soulsmiths.

Last edited by Dreamscythes231 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

The E.G.O General Discussion/Suggestion/Randomization Thread Empty Re: The E.G.O General Discussion/Suggestion/Randomization Thread

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:57 am

Why would we want to disgust mods? I don't want to sully any particular mods. :mspa: If you mean discuss, however... (I'm being facetious. It was a funny typo.)

I can't really think of any mods that we NEED at the moment. Well, there are few, but they'd only really be necessary if this was a real game. Like a "Humor Encylopedia" and a "Mixologists Report" that keep track of the effects of humors and the mixes we make, respectively. Those are the only two mods I see being useful.

MAYBE a mod that "Highlights Secrets", like that one badge does. It let's you see certain hidden things or provides bonus things.

Hmm, one ast one is a Chet mod, perhaps. Either a way to detect when he is nearby, or something we can use to interfere with his powers.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

The E.G.O General Discussion/Suggestion/Randomization Thread Empty Re: The E.G.O General Discussion/Suggestion/Randomization Thread

Post by Harvest Ty Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:00 am

You know what'd be cool. A Ego theme pack that you get with maybe your third or so successful Soul that allows you to use smithed characters as your theme.

Just Imagine a Jitterbug theme.
Or our soon-to-be PropellerBlooper.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:02 am

Harvest Ty wrote:You know what'd be cool. A Ego theme pack that you get with maybe your third or so successful Soul that allows you to use smithed characters as your theme.

Just Imagine a Jitterbug theme.
Or our soon-to-be PropellerBlooper.

Maybe it's one of those themes that cycle. So it is a different character we created every other time we use it. Or it could be a "Fan-Pack Theme" that works similarly but with different fan characters.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:03 am

The Fan Pack theme would be awesome, but likely a huge time eater. :'O
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:06 am

The response to that is: We don't use the Ego that often. It would only be relevant once every 20 or so panels, and it doesn't need to change each time we see it, just the first time we switch back to it from the adventure. gS has already done a large stash of fan characters previously, so that's a buffer already. He also doesn't need to do all the fan characters. Just choose one at random, or perhaps someone who finds a secret can get their character to appear in it. Like a bonus thing.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:07 am

I literally just wnt a folder mod.
Our E.G.O is getting cluttered, it COULD be cluttered inside a folder, outside...not so much.
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:10 am

Yeah...but then we/me would forget what we have installed.

*Terrible Memory*
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:10 am

Dreamscythes231 wrote:I literally just wnt a folder mod.
Our E.G.O is getting cluttered, it COULD be cluttered inside a folder, outside...not so much.

Agreed. That would be nice too. Though a couple of mods should be forced to stay on the main screen, but most should be able to be stored safely.

Better idea, a "Start Bar" mod that works like a Windows Start menu. You open it and it shows a list of recently used Mods and folders for mods you own.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:13 am

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:39 am

As for folders, how about one for the shopkeepers' mods? That way we could neaten things up a bit without forgetting what we have.

And for mods, hmm...

Some kind of research mod that allows us to be rewarded with credits for gathering data through, umm, Schisms maybe? Or by encountering all different sorts of characters in the story? So we'd be able to make some small bit of income more regularly... Or, uh, the same sort of research thing, but that allows us to gain access to/develop? character modifiers (like Para-).

Also I second the Chet-Alert Mod! That guy is creeeeepy. He scares meeeee. ...BTW, what game is he from? Is he from one at all?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:47 am

Chet is from all (I think?) of them.

mariowiki.com/Chet_Rippo
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleOracle Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:14 am

Hey, what is this rumble about Chet ?

I think he's cool Smile.

We don't know what was the bad counterpart to thing he did, but you know, you can't get good things without giving anything in return !

Anyways, some Chet-Radar would still be nice.
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:42 am

The bad thing is he made a plot hole.
Read it with me.
PLOT
HOLE
Plot Hole.

Bob Angie was even confused and everything has gone way way sheeboobang with the wishes.

Along with that, we may be sanctioned by the Soul Smith high order if we are found out of conspirating with him, you saw the glitch effect. Bad. News.

Spoiler:

Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Why would we be sanctioned for accidentally getting dragged/tricked into something we didn't know to avoid? I get the feeling Chet has preyed on unsuspecting rookies before... Besides, the only way we're gonna fix that plot hole is by telling (character)GS so he knows what's happened and can help us, I think.

Oh, I have another mod idea: a simple transactions recorder thing to keep track of both our group funds and individual funds, and maybe simple earnings and expenditures... Like what Harvest Moon has.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Right now, our EGO is still pretty bare-bones. Once we have more mods and stuff we can use it for, it will probably become more relevant. But for now, it's just something we use every now and then.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:34 pm

You figured out part of my username aS! Good kuck figuring out the other two parts! :'P

Though that mod would be helpful, but later on when we have more credits overall.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:52 pm

I had an idea.

A Mod we can install that let's us view or 'sense' when Humor-Infused items are around.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:54 pm

gloomyMoron wrote:I had an idea.

A Mod we can install that let's us view or 'sense' when Humor-Infused items are around.

Wouldn't that tempt us to steal it? I mean, what if said humor item belonged to someone else and we didn't know it? That'd be robbery!
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:56 pm

We'd be able to see it. The characters wouldn't. And the characters we have wouldn't out right steal something without good reason. So I don't see it being a problem. Mostly, the idea came up from people talking about the Music Box and if it might have a humor infused. If we had a mod that let us see infusions, then we'd be able to tell. It could also be used to highlight plot-important objects or areas.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:58 pm

A Mod that allows for the further customizing of templates. Right now we have color and accessories, but perhaps we can change things further, like Angie's wings that replace a functional part of a Bomb-Omb.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:58 pm

gloomyMoron wrote:We'd be able to see it. The characters wouldn't. And the characters we have wouldn't out right steal something without good reason. So I don't see it being a problem. Mostly, the idea came up from people talking about the Music Box and if it might have a humor infused. If we had a mod that let us see infusions, then we'd be able to tell. It could also be used to highlight plot-important objects or areas.

Who said we wouldn't create a character who WOULD want to steal stuff? That might be a thing in the future.

Besides, where's the fun in having a hand hold you along the way instead of figuring things out for one's self? While it does seem like a good idea I just don't find it useful.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:00 pm

That would be a useful mod, kinda like a semi walkthrough.

It'd be expensive though I bet... :'/
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Maybe instead of a passive one that was always on sensing items with Humors, why not a Scanner-type tool instead (limited uses? Chance of failure to analyze?) that we could use to check an item we suspect to be infused with a Humor...?

@Harvest Ty ...I had no idea your username was a reference to Harvest Moon, lol. ...Harvest Ty... Harvest [Moon] Thank You? Thanksgiving? ...Ty... T.Y. the company? Harvest Moon + Beanie Babies??? Okay, just gonna... stop thinking about this now... and get back on topic. study

@Crimson Mage I think those fall under modifiers/whatever-they're-called like the Para one we have in-canon, don't they? Or do you mean ones that allow us to mess with the customizers we have or make new ones? I think I was suggesting something related to that earlier in this thread, too... Also, hey, would characters with a Note Capsule in their recipe/soul be able to sense their corresponding Humor in an item? They can subconsciously sense it when another person near them has it, so...

Shailsnic wrote:Besides, where's the fun in having a hand hold you along the way instead of figuring things out for one's self? While it does seem like a good idea I just don't find it useful.
@Shailsnic ....... O___O Y-you're kinda... sounding a bit like Chet, there, Shail... Just a little. We're Junior Soul Smiths, remember? It's probably safer for us and everything/one around us if we have at least a LITTLE hand-holding to keep us from making any huge disasters...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:58 pm

arcaneScribbler wrote:
Shailsnic wrote:Besides, where's the fun in having a hand hold you along the way instead of figuring things out for one's self? While it does seem like a good idea I just don't find it useful.
@Shailsnic ....... O___O Y-you're kinda... sounding a bit like Chet, there, Shail... Just a little. We're Junior Soul Smiths, remember? It's probably safer for us and everything/one around us if we have at least a LITTLE hand-holding to keep us from making any huge disasters...

We do friend! We got gS and companions to help us along the way!
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next