Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "My So-Called Nuzlocke" Discussion thread.

3 posters

Go down

The "My So-Called Nuzlocke" Discussion thread. Empty The "My So-Called Nuzlocke" Discussion thread.

Post by gloomyMoron Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi there! Welcome to the world of Pokemon! My name is Professo...

Enough of that silliness.

Hello, and welcome to the thread to discuss gS and his brother's Nuzlocke attempt at B2/W2. That's right, gS has started a run of B2/W2 over at the Nuzlocke Forums (s7.zetaboards .com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8791063/1/), and although there is only three actual pages so far (and a bunch of really awesome prologue bits), it is shaping up to look really awesome. Updates are appear to be slow (due to the nature of Nuzlocking, gS having REAL-LIFE CONSEQEUNCES, and work on PM:ECN taking paramount [that's all just my guessing though]), but it is certainly worth watching.

What's that I hear some of you say? What is a Nuzlocke?

Well, in short, a Nuzlocke is a rule-set you use to play Pokemon to make the games harder. Some people make comics of their runs, some write stories, others record their progress (either through video or screenshots), but most just play through the game for fun without worrying about any of that.

The rules are thus:
1) If a Pokemon faints, it is dead and unusable. It must be boxed or released immediately.
2) One Pokemon per route (or area, depending on the Runner's choice). If it faints or runs away, tough luck.
3) Nickname ALL the things.

That's all a Nuzlocke is, at its core, but people make up a whole bunch of interesting twists on that by adding extra or special rules.

These are the rules for gS and his bro's run:

The "My So-Called Nuzlocke" Discussion thread. Prologuepage5type

That is all I can think to say, so discuss away!
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

The "My So-Called Nuzlocke" Discussion thread. Empty Re: The "My So-Called Nuzlocke" Discussion thread.

Post by Captain Combusken Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 pm

So it's true what they say. There will always be Pokemon. EVERYWHERE MUAHAHAHA.

I basically am the main person to come to for pointless Poke facts? Probably not the only one, but I know a lot.

Also, I have so many playthroughs atm. I just finished a postgame solomrun with Optimus the Primeape on HeartGold. He's level 82. I did a normal game Elekid solo run on the same save file, so I also have Tesla the Electivire at the same level. Then there's also a platinum playthrough, and of course project Unova, my massive goal to get every Fully evolved Non-legendary Pokemon at level 50 or above, having used them all (there have been a few exceptions to this) in a playthrough.

After that, I guess I'll probably try a Nuzlocke.
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

The "My So-Called Nuzlocke" Discussion thread. Empty Re: The "My So-Called Nuzlocke" Discussion thread.

Post by gloomyMoron Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:53 pm

If its the original 151, I have them down pat. My memory is so crappy any more, though, that I need a type-chart to be able to do anything. Neutral Still, I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke myself (two technically, but it's for one story), but this thread is more about The Burner Bros. and their playthrough rather than our own. Still, Pokemon is, indeed, everywhere. (Man, X and Y are looking to be sweet. >.>)

Anyway, I have not played B2/W2 at all so I only know a bit of the "original" story, so this playthrough should be interesting and fun.

I wonder, since they're the Burner Bros, if they're both going to choose a Fire Starter or if one of them will get type effectiveness over the other in true Sibling Rivalry fashion. Speaking of Rivals, I wonder how they're going to handle the Rival battle parts in B2/W2.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:55 pm

Captain Combusken wrote:
I basically am the main person to come to for pointless Poke facts? Probably not the only one, but I know a lot.

Lies, you are forgetting someone here.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down