Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction Thread: Say hi, everybody!

+17
Zylo
BigBurkhart
Unclever title
Togeyosh
Dreamscythes231
Captain Combusken
arcaneScribbler
CrimsonMage
Shailsnic
truebug
Purple Walrus
Eversor
cephalopodAscendant
sournote103
turtleOracle
LoganAura
Todd Ingram
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Introduction Thread: Say hi, everybody! Empty Introduction Thread: Say hi, everybody!

Post by Todd Ingram Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:43 pm

This is the thread where you get to say hello! Tell us your name, a little bit about yourself, how you stumbled upon Paper Mario and the Everclear night, your favorite flavor of Shroom Cake, and/or anything else you want us to know!

I'll start off; I go by Todd Ingram (Todd I. for short). I'm a huge fan of Paper Mario, and found this adventure while scouring the Cradle sub-forum on the MSPA Forums. I've been making suggestions since the very first thread. I made my first fan character, Pipet the Wrench Bro, for the First Annual Paper Mario and the Everclear Night Soul-Smithing Competition, and was shocked and pleasantly surprised when it won first prize! I spent my 100 credits prize money on two new split-mix humors, so that smiths everywhere could have a broader pallette to make their characters with. I've made a whole host of characters since, such as a rowdy bunch from a dirt town by the name of Portabella Outpost, and a travelling vaudeville revue that bills as Twigfeld's Cornucopia. I do like to lend helping hands to newer smiths whenever I can, so shoot me an inquiry if you wanna know something!
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Introduction Thread: Say hi, everybody! Empty Re: Introduction Thread: Say hi, everybody!

Post by LoganAura Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Hiya!
I'm Logan, my account on the forums is Ultraluigi and I have been bit by the creative bug ever since the character creation thread came 'round.

I found the link to Everclear Night.... In someone's signature a while back. I don't remember whose, but I am SO thankful they did that.

I've made characters, names of the groups in my signature (Though the Six Sides aren't there since they aren't really Paper Mario characters), and even got Bob-angie canon a while back! ^u^
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Introduction Thread: Say hi, everybody! Empty Re: Introduction Thread: Say hi, everybody!

Post by turtleOracle Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Well, Hi everyone !

I'm turtleOrace and I'm a turtle a fan of this Paper Mario and the Everclear night, and of Mario games in general (Mario & Luigi : Bowser's inside story is my favourite <3). I enjoy Smithing characters, but not Goombas, or Koopas, or Toad. Nah, those are too mainstream. Buzzers, Jawfuls and Nimbus Persons are so underground Wink. And obviously my favorite flavor of shroom cake is chocolate.
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by sournote103 Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi, I'm sournote103 and I am your generic video game nerd / artist / insane person. I found PMECN by just sort of browsing the MSPA forums.
I'vecmade one character and am sort of playing around with another who I am almost ready to finish up.
I also wish to note that Turabout is the best humor.
sournote103
sournote103
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Hello everyone! I go by cephalopodAscendant, as you can plainly see! I just stumbled upon the adventure on the MSPA Forums one day and decided to power through the mirror, since I'm a big fan of the Mario RPG's (anyone else excited for M&L: Dream Team this summer?). I haven't made any fan characters as of yet, although I might start messing around with that soon. And sournote103 WHERE DID YOU GET THAT BLOOPER AVATAR.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Someone (I think GS) is making them based on characters that the forum goer designed. (Which is why I have angie rather than catboy me.)

Also hi all Very Happy
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Looks like I have some incentive to make a fan character, then.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi. I am Eversor. I drink to much. But I make doodles sometimes.

Lewd Doodles
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Walrus Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi, I am the Purple Walrus. You may know me for making Amazing characters such as Disco Head afro , Feebie flower and Haimish(there was no strongman smilie). As you can tell I like making strange characters.
Purple Walrus
Purple Walrus
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by truebug Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:28 pm

HELLO FOLKS I AM TRUEBUG

I help gS with some stuff behind the scenes, such as describing split-mixes, designing soul capsules and other things. I also made DJ Sting and a host of other fancharacters, and in general I am sort of a character building addict. I've been roleplaying for over a decade, man. I've seen some things.

On the non-internet side of things, this fall I'm starting master's research in entomology. It's gonna be funnnn.
truebug
truebug
Conspirator
Conspirator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Sup, I'm Shailsnic, but please, call me Shail.

I'm the kid who despite being quite a helpful person is a really bad procrastinator. I end up making a whole bunch of projects related to the adventure or not, so there are times in which I may be gone for long periods of time or may constantly be on every single day. Around half of the projects I end up doing are either abandoned by/because of others, or are still in the works by myself. I can think of only one project that was dropped by me and that was the Rave Party.

I found ECN because one day I decided to make An Average Adventure on deviantart, then remembered gS's deviantart, went there, browsed a little bit, and then the next day I noticed on the forums there was an adventure named the exact same thing as the comic he was working on at an earlier point in time. I checked it out, and here I am.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 pm

I am CrimsonMage, and this is literally the best comic ever. I applaud you gS for making such a good idea.

Like Shailsnic above I am a really bad procrastinator. I do, however, try to do big projects in spite of it. Yeah... I have some busy days some times. I check the forums every single day, so if I do not post for a while, you can assume something horrible happened to me!

Or maybe I'm just unusually busy. That's an option as well.

I found ECN just browsing adventures on the MSPA Forums, read it in two days, and have been following ever since.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi~... I'm arcaneScribbler, a new reader/active reader of Everclear Night. Procrastination is a big weakness of mine, heh, and I'm pretty new to all this... I'm also in college, so I'm busier sometimes than others.

I found Everclear Night pretty much the same way CrimsonMage did, btw.

Honestly, I really want to try soul smithing, but I have no idea where to begin. ^_^; Does that make me a Junior Junior Soul Smith...?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Rookie Junior Soul Smith probably
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:08 pm

I think we're all Junior Soul Smiths until we create entire worlds of characters like gS has.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Nobody's disputing that. The question was whether arcaneScribbler is a Junior Junior Soul Smith.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Combusken Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey.

So I decided to join too. I'm Captain Combusken on the forums too! I may not post all the frequently in the thread on the forums, but I lurk successfully. I also run a fanventure that draws heavy inspiration from PM:ECN! It's called The Soulsmith's Handbook, and I'm too lazy right now to link it, sorry.

*Desperately wishes for a Chi avatar*

Oh yeah, and I think I can be considered as /not/ Junior soulsmith? Because you know, I'm kinda teaching others in TSH. I'm like an adolescent soulsmith.
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm the Junior of the Juniors~! Very Happy This will clearly end perfectly well and not cause any disasters later on. Clearly. Very Happy

I wonder if I'll get any icon, or how to earn one... Or what it would even BE. -.-; I-I probably need to do something to link me to a PM character/species/thing first, don't I...? Like make a character... ..............Time to be brave. Off I go to get inspiration from GS's character generator thing and attempt to come up with a recipe...?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:25 pm

arcaneScribbler wrote:I'm the Junior of the Juniors~! Very Happy This will clearly end perfectly well and not cause any disasters later on. Clearly. Very Happy

I wonder if I'll get any icon, or how to earn one... Or what it would even BE. -.-; I-I probably need to do something to link me to a PM character/species/thing first, don't I...? Like make a character... ..............Time to be brave. Off I go to get inspiration from GS's character generator thing and attempt to come up with a recipe...?

Well going to the generator is one way to do it, personally though I think I'd take things more into my own hands you know? Just think hard, what's your favorite species in the marioverse? From there make a general shape, add a few touches, and you're on your way! If you want help with it though I suggest you go to the Workshop Thread.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Shailsnic wrote:
arcaneScribbler wrote:I'm the Junior of the Juniors~! Very Happy This will clearly end perfectly well and not cause any disasters later on. Clearly. Very Happy

Well going to the generator is one way to do it, personally though I think I'd take things more into my own hands you know? Just think hard, what's your favorite species in the marioverse? From there make a general shape, add a few touches, and you're on your way! If you want help with it though I suggest you go to the Workshop Thread.
Will do. I don't really know/remember offhand that much ABOUT the Mario universe, though... ...But... Maybe I could... *grins* Off to the workshop to ask newbie questions I go~!
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:38 am

Hello, my name is Dreamscythes231.

is anyone getting dejavu?
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Togeyosh Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:54 am

Welcome new forum!

I'm Togeyosh! I stumbled upon Everclear Night during my early MSPFanA days when I just looked at forums! I fell in love with the adventure, and it kinda became reason number 1 as to why I joined the MSPA forums!

I... Don't consider myself to be the most original or excellent participators of the series. I've only conceived one character so far some time ago, and got a lot of awesome help in doing so (thanks again guys~)! And at the time of this post, I feel a little lost in all the big decision-making soul-smithing EGO usage! So, um... I feel more like a lurker these days. But since my spring vacation is coming up, maybe I can change that a little... If I don't fall victim to laziness.
Togeyosh
Togeyosh
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Unclever title Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:16 pm

With a top banner like that, how could I not join the snazzy new forums?

Hey there everybody! It is I, Unclever title, and wow I am impressed by the Shybrush avatar somebody (I'm guessing GestaltScribbler) made for me!

That is one heck of a perk for joining the forums!

Anyway, like pretty much everyone else here I love Ever Clear Night. As far as discussion goes I'll probably be lurking around here more than posting, but I'll probably make a character or two every now and again when inspiration strikes.

So far I've made two. The intrepidly unoriginal swashbuckling Shybrush Dripsod, and this new fellow from a few days ago, Webster, who's business is helping your business make business! Feel free to give me your thoughts and opinions on either or both (though best to do so in the appropriate thread in the appropriate thread).
Unclever title
Unclever title
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBurkhart Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Hey hey! Most of you probably know me, but I'm Burkhart!

I'm the big lovable jerk of the forum that tries (and often succeeds) giving out good advice whenever needed and generally being the voice of reason. I designed Detective Snifs and Greaser, along with a bunch of other characters you may or may not have seen. I try to help anyone who asks, so feel free to come to me with any issues.
BigBurkhart
BigBurkhart
Long, robotic arm of the law
Long, robotic arm of the law

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Combusken Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Yay Burk made it here whoo!
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next