Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

+3
Captain Combusken
Harvest Ty
Todd Ingram
7 posters

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! - Page 12 Empty Re: The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

Post by CrimsonMage Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:19 pm

((He can read if you want him to. Should I PM you with the contents?))
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! - Page 12 Empty Re: The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

Post by Shailsnic Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:24 pm

The Toad just shrugged, expression still evident on his face. He leaned over the table again, head resting in hands.

"Do it look like I know?" He said, a chuckle following behind.

"It was adressed to you, some guy gave it to me yesterday and a picture of you as well. He gave me the phrase and BOOP, I'm here now. The guy had something... "happen" to him yesterday, you should be lucky I found him when I did!"

The Toad began to draw circles on the table with his finger.

"If you don't want it though I could gladly take it off your hands. The information inside probably isn't useful to you if you really don't want it. I mean, if it was useful you'd take it would you not?"

He stopped drawing cirlces on the table, and look back up with his eyes at the Yoshi. Something in the Toad's eyes seemed... mischevious. Not dangerous just... mischevious, and also partially soul-staringly crreepy.

"If you don't believe that it's safe though, touch it, feel it. I'm sure you'll find that it's perfectly safe."
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:27 pm

((yes please!))

Meanwhile, a Tanooki-eared "lucky raccoon" continues to sleep the sleep of the exhausted and a hungry darkness-dweller ponders if going out to get his own meal is worth the pain, headaches, and general awkwardness that tends to result from looking the way he does, or if he should just wait for his easily distracted yet eventually always reliable travel-mate. ....Sigh. Why did he think accepting Pudini's invitation to "get out of glooms-ville for a little while" was a good idea, again...?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:30 pm

The Yoshi's eyes narrowed as his brain kicked into high gear.

Hrm. Well, if anyone had given you the phrase, it means that they didn't upheld their end of the bargain. Anyone who wishes to correspond with me after doing such a thing will find their efforts fruitless.

He takes out a matchbook and begins to light a match.

It's a shame, really. I'm going to have to change my code phrase. I really did like this one.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:38 pm

China I'm sorry okay...Look we've been gone for way to long, they're all probably worr-Oh?

The boo notices the Ember approaching. Hearing the question his tone changes. Ohh-umm yeah. Boo can sit here if you want!

China appears to be writing something; she was writing on a new notepad Boondaid had grabbed for her.

Last edited by Harvest Ty on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Harvest Ty wrote:In a flash a Twilighter had zoomed in, bumping China off her chair! She tumbled across the floor in a state of utter shock before rolling into a nearby table!

Boondaid, seeing the reckless Twilighter knock his poor friend aside gave chase to the Eerie man!

((...or that, that works too. It's not like a white albino ember came up and asked China and Boondaid something. =/ ))

Last edited by Shailsnic on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:53 pm

((Sorry I'll edit It.
I missed this whole page by accident! >->"))
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Harvest Ty wrote:((Sorry I'll edit It.
I missed this whole page by accident! >->"))

((Nah man it's cool, people make mistakes sometimes. It's all good. Oh hey it\'s Tripsy))

((EDIT: By that I meant there's no need to be sorry, not that you shouldn't edit it. My bad if that was misunderstood.))
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:04 pm

((No I edited it! Boo late now. Plus Dusk was already busy. Mad))
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:07 pm

((Lol, this is awesome. I get back from class to discover~... shenanigans~! Yay! Shenanigans are fun.))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:00 pm

"Alright then, sweet."

The Ember floated up to the empty seat adjacent to the block. Looking to his left he noticed that she seemed to be writing something. While he can easily control his fire, much like most of his species, he still didn't want to get close to the paper just in case.

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoYermZG8Ow

Having previous experience with these sorts of things, he knew just how to go about getting them to talk. In a very careful manner. If he put his steps in the right places he could easily get all the info he wanted to know, put them in the wrong, he could set off an unwanted trigger. First off, he had to make sure it didn't seem like he wanted to pry. He signaled to the blue bartender; he really felt the need to have a burn go down his throat. Instead of asking for alcohol like he originally planned, he decided to get a soda instead, he'd get some of the sweet nectar later.

As the Pianta went to go retrieve the beverage, he turned to face the two. Might as well start casually, these are new people, and hey, they might not be comfortable with him.

"So, is it usually this chaotic around here?" The flame asked the duo.

((Did not mean to post just yet, going to edit in the "Toad's" turn in just a minute or so.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not a minute or so, going to need to get confirmation from Todd before I do that))
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Eheheh! It has been for the whole time I've been here! Everyday has boon rather crazy here actually! Why just the other day there was this one guy who like, kicked a platter full of food to our table! Poor China- Boondaid ramblew as he gestures to the Scribbling block. Fell into a bowl of Koopasta! The poor Waitor got all super depressed afterwards and ran off...And then this pair of little guys, from Boggly Woods I believe, ran after him like nuts... Boondaid starts to ramble on and on...

China lets out a mental sigh, Boondaid already had one soda..."If he keeps this up he'll go crazy again" was the thought she had as he kept at it.

Last edited by Harvest Ty on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:23 pm

'...Huh, seems like this place never gets any rest then.' the Ember thought to himself. Believe it or not he was actually genuinely interested in what the Boo had to say. Learning about the history of this place seemed like a pretty good idea if he wanted to figure out problems. However, this is just one guy, he's not going to get all of the information out of him if he wanted to learn.

That does not at all mean that he didn't learn a lot from this guy though. He learned names and a couple of events that happened in the place.

After figuring out he won't get much more than he already has without the Boo getting sidetracked, he was forced to interrupt the Boo-mid speech.

"Hey, mind stoppin' for a sec? I got something I want to ask."

The boo stopped, looking over to the flame with a quizzical expression on his face. The white flame responded in a simple manner once again

"You mentioned something about suckers right? I highly doubt you have something like this, but do you got anything that tastes bitter and sorta burns as the juices go down your throat?"
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Hmm...Booh...! That's an amazing idea! Ehehehe! I'm sorry I have nothing really specific to that...The closest I have is my Mushy Fire Pops! But if you're looking for something else let me know! Boocause that flavor certainly sounds interesting!

Boondaid procures a lollipop of what he specified earlier. He sets it down gently in front of the Ember.

((Sorry if I screwed up the name! It's the same pop from earlier made of Dry Shrooms and Fire Flowers))
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:02 pm

"...Sorry, that's a no can do for me. Sorta a personal thing ya know? Don't worry about it, as I said, I didn't expect ya to have them anyway."

He looks towards the bar and seems to gaze at nothing in particular. Seeming to be in deep thought. To the other two it probably looked like he was thinking of something else to say. That's not what he was doing though, in reality he was just thinking about something for a minute.

He took a look back at the two and decided to ask them another question; he's pretty sure that he's figured out how to go about finding out what he wants to know.

"So, you said you two have been staying over here for the past day or so right? So, what's the deal with that? Something happen back home or are you two just on a vacation of sorts?"

He takes a glance at the block, China he's pretty sure, something about her being mute comes to mind.... She could write though, he figured that much because of her doing whatever on that sheet of paper. If she wasn't writing, what was she doing over there? Man, he wanted to take a closer look but- fire hazard and all. As stated earlier, he can control his flames, but they didn't know that.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:11 pm

Well...We were looking for a plumber actually! Still haven't found one though... Ya see we work in the newly opened in by the Oasis in the Dry Dry Desert. The waterline to the inn dried up...so we haven't had much boosiness...We don't want to use water from the oasis of course...which is why we are stuck! We have to go home and inform everyone that we've had no luck...Ever since the Mario bros came, Plumbers have been quite scarce! Boondaid sighs a little as he takes the lollipop back and stuffs it into his bag.

China meanwhile had finished her note. She runs off as Boondaid rambles, leaving the note behind.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Bingo, right on the money. Looks like he found out exactly what got them down. A dried up Oasis would definitely be a problem for an Inn that obtains water from it. How would a plumber fix it though?

Regardless, he's right. Plumbers have been hard to find since the Mario Bros. came. Not that you're complaining, they're pretty swell guys from what you've heard. Saving the princess and all is quite the duty after all.

He gazed off into the bar again, lost once more in deep thought. Surely they couldn't have checked everywhere right? He could've sworn there was at least one... wait.

"...I think I saw one earlier today, I could give a brief description if you want," the Ember said after a few minutes, his gaze still going in the general direction of the bar, "I'm not entirely certain they're one but, hey, it's still a lead right? It seems like that's something you need right now."

((I sorta pity the fact that they didn't wake up earlier in day 3, if they did they would've met Pipet. It's still lunch time in day 3 I think, so I highly doubt he'd be back soon.))
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:26 pm

((No they got the water from somewhere else to avoid drying the oasis))

What really!? That'd be terrific! Please tell me! I booseech you! Boondaid chatters overjoyed at the possible information, floating about like a child after getting a present.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:38 pm

((Is China running off a cue for Puuntail? :3 ))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:40 pm

((Yes she's going to check on him))
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:42 pm

"It's not much information but, around... two hours ago I think, I saw some Koopa with a green helmet. Seemed sorta pale if I remember correctly, don't know really, didn't get a good look. I didn't really acknowledge him for more than a few seconds, stood out in a crowd of people ya know? I doubt he gets out much, but that helmet's gotta mean something right?"

The Ember paused for a moment, was he really just going to make this assumption out of the blue just to help some random str- who is he kidding. He knows he is, hopefully his information is correct, he'll have to deal with yet another person angry with him.

After that small train of thought, he explains his reasoning.

"So, think about it for a minute. If he doesn't get much sun and wears a helmet like that anyway, what on earth could he do for a living? He can't be a traveler or construction worker that's for sure. He can't be a stuntsman nor could he be a biker. So, logically there's only a few jobs one like him could have. One of such jobs is being a plumber."

After that train of thought he turns to the- oh god the Boo seems to be holding himself back from jumping off the walls. The Ember, while unfazed, hopes that he won't crush the hopes of the equivalent of a small child in a candy store who's hoping they have his favorite candy.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:47 pm

((:'P *High five for metaphor*))

Now...if only we knew where he went off too...Maybe we can ask the Bartender?

Boondaid hovers over to Saulo.

Excuse me Mr.!? Boondaid says hovering about excitedly.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:51 pm

"I never said I saw him come from he- ah forget it."

Who knows, the Koopa may have been heading away from this place. Might as well let Boondaid ask. There was no reason he couldn't right? Boondaid never mentioned this guy when he was talking if the Koopa was here in the first place though, guess Boondaid was distracted.

Now was the time the Ember decided to take a look at the note left behind by the block, nothing was preventing him from doing so at this point.

((Yeah, you kinda never acknowledged him on page twelve...))
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:58 pm

The note was rather short but it had some rather interesting details within...

Sorry Boondaid! I do not want to leave yet! I know everyone's worried for us...but there is something I need to tend to...The little guy I found earlier looks to be in need...and I can not help but want to help him! So please go on without me...I'll come home soon.

Besides I have a ton of Inn coupons, I will not be out in the city or anything!

~Apologetically,
China, your friend

--------
China arrived back at her room. She tenaciously walked slowly, arriving at the door, opening it at an even slower pace, as to not frighten Puuntail.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Meanwhile, another traveller gets impatient and slips out of his room with a sigh, a thin, mesh 'blindfold' secured over his eyes.

"...Should I eat first, or check on Puuntail before he runs...?" he wonders to himself, wandering down the hallway and walking right past China on her way to her room without noticing her. "...Ah, he'll have to use the front door to leave, regardless... Food it is..."

~

"..........."

There's no longer a Puni on the spare bed in China's room, but there is a "Toad" with a leaf on his head (plus Toads aren't normally grey with stripes on their caps instead of spots) sitting on the floor in a corner of the room, wedged securely into the little niche as if hiding even though he's visible from the doorway. He's got a bag in his lap and is mumbling quietly to himself.

Hearing the sound of the door, he twitches jerkily, looking up. "........H-hi... *squeak...* H-how long was I out, by the way...?" Puuntail asks sheepishly, fiddling with-- ...wow, okay, that really IS a Super Leaf he's holding-- a Super Leaf and running it over and under his fingers as a way to distract himself.

Hey, hands were useful. Even if he weren't the disgusting freak he is, if he had shifting powers, he'd be a Toad pretty often. Because HANDS. Being a Puni was frustrating sometimes...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next