Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.)

+10
Zylo
CrimsonMage
Dreamscythes231
Harvest Ty
turtleOracle
gloomyMoron
Eversor
Shailsnic
LoganAura
arcaneScribbler
14 posters

:: Fan Works

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Have You Succumbed to the Puni Curse Yet? (this poll is just for fun, lol~.)

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 16

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Empty Re: Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.)

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:44 am

Why am I still awaaaake... -.-; Thanks, Harvest.

EDIT: Sorry for being off-topic, but... LOOK AT THE ADORABLE LITTLE BABY PRINCESS PEACH AAAAAH SHE'S SO CUUUUUTE!!! http://www.mariowiki.com/Baby_Peach
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 Empty Re: Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.)

Post by Dreamscythes231 Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Just remember, your better than me.

Also I thought that was her lips licking a bubblegum and I realized it was a pacifier.

uncanny Valley if you imagine it is lips.
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:56 pm

It makes me kinda want to attempt a "baby princess Sasha"... Wink

I'm no "better" than anyone. Just a self-taught, still-learning scribbler who can't draw a straight line with a RULER (I always accidentally push the ruler crooked partway through), and that's fine with me! Smile
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:56 pm

If that's true (and I'm not sure if it is), you and I are at the same level.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:58 pm

CrimsonMage wrote:If that's true (and I'm not sure if it is), you and I are at the same level.

What, me not being able to manage a straight line even with a ruler? Why would I lie...? ^.^;
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:03 pm

I have no idea. You just seem a little better than make yourself out to be.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Don't ruin the illusion Crimson, when one believes they are bad at something and truly love what they do for what it is, they will strive to become better at it, even if they are good already.

(I know this because I do it to myself.)
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Yeah when any artist finds a way to better themselves...they gey better, if they feel completely content, they'll never improve. :'O

Your art is cute by the way aS~ :'D
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:17 pm

*shrug* maybe I am, maybe I'm not, I guess? I'm a heck of a lot better than I was when I started teaching myself though, that's for sure.

Thanks, Harvest-- but yeah NOPE, in my mind someone who is completely 'content' with the quality of their work isn't an artist. Being your own worst critic is an important part of being an artist, even just a hobbyist-artist like me-- that way you push yourself to get better and keep an eye out to watch for any resurfacing old bad habits and nip 'em in the bud. :flowercard:
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Zylo Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:25 pm

Wow arcane you're pretty good!

And that chart... it scares me....

How do I study art?

I tried reading a few guides online once but they were all...

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 2 How_f051e7_1734336

So yeah... not helpful in the slightest.
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Yeah, I don't generally use online guides outside of video tutorials and reference images... Or watching SpeedPaints, if that even counts. I have a bunch of "how to draw manga" books that I've gathered over the past few years that I use. Also, any sort of picture encyclopedia or other such good source of picture reference is always handy!

...Is it weird that I've been using the Zodiac emotes the same way as the Sollux's Shades emote, meaning as the punchline to corny fail-jokes/puns...? ^.^;
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Boop. (It's a link to fanart, I already sent her the picture via PM earlier.)
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Edit 2: AAAAAH I'M SUCH A JERK SHAIL I'M SO SORRY; FIXED *hangs head in shame*

Harvest Ty Shailsnic made me adorable fanart of Punelipi~ Thanks again, Ty!!!! Shail!!!

Stuck it in a spoiler because it's a bit big...
Spoiler:

EDIT: Lol, ninja'd. Posting this anyway for max convenience/lazy-friendly-ness, though, and because "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I HAVE FANART HOW DO I EVEN AAAAAAH :cuteshyla: "

...Yeah, think I'm gonna use :cuteshyla: for whenever I'm having a 'squee flail' moment from now on...

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing my unintentional jerkishness T^T)
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:17 pm

*cough*Wrong Person*cough*
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:17 pm

*coughcough*
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:18 pm

*Sneeze*
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:20 pm

arcaneScribbler wrote:Harvest Ty made me adorable fanart of Punelipi~ Thanks again, Ty!!!!

Neutral

...oh... okay.... I'll just... go right over here and sit in a corner. No need to be concerned....
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:27 pm

I have a book for you guys, Its a AMAZING read for tutorials and fundamentals for forms and anatomy, even for cartoons.

Andrew Loomis's "Fun with a Pencil"

http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/Andrew%20Loomis%20-%20Fun%20WIth%20a%20Pencil.pdf

Loomis has some great stuff, so if you like that, I have a few other books of his you can read. It really breaks things down for you.

http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/Loomis%20Figure%20Draw.pdf

http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/Andrew%20Loomis%20-%20Drawing%20the%20Head%20and%20Hands.pdf

http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/Andrew%20Loomis%20-%20Creative.Illustration.pdf
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Zylo Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Eversor wrote:I have a book for you guys, Its a AMAZING read for tutorials and fundamentals for forms and anatomy, even for cartoons.

http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/Andrew%20Loomis%20-%20Fun%20WIth%20a%20Pencil.pdf

Loomis has some great stuff, so if you like that, I have a few other books of his you can read. It really breaks things down for you.

http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/Andrew%20Loomis%20-%20Drawing%20the%20Head%20and%20Hands.pdf

Well I shall definitely try and give those a read, my problem is I am very impatient with books.
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Eversor wrote:I have a book for you guys, Its a AMAZING read for tutorials and fundamentals for forms and anatomy, even for cartoons.

I shall now mentally praise you for providing the links to these books, I've been needing more material to study upon!
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:49 pm

I AM NEVER PMING WITH 2 PEOPLE AT ONCE AGAIN, IT MAKES ME AN UNINTENTIONAL JERK..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH. SHAIL I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY. TT^TT
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Oh hey it\'s Tripsy It's all cool friend, no harm done right?
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 pm

I still feel like a jerk, but thank you for forgiving me... -.-; I was PMing back and forth between you and Harvest at the same time and mixed you both up by mistake... Which makes me feel even more like a butt since you posted right there above me here with it and I didn't even realize and- okay, stopping with the pity ramble. Sorry. -.-;
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Nah, it doesn't make you a jerk, made you look more like a lovable goof than a jerk. As I said, it's all good! Oh hey it\'s Tripsy
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:07 pm

I agree with the awesome statement above. :'3
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

:: Fan Works

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum