Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.)

+10
Zylo
CrimsonMage
Dreamscythes231
Harvest Ty
turtleOracle
gloomyMoron
Eversor
Shailsnic
LoganAura
arcaneScribbler
14 posters

:: Fan Works

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Have You Succumbed to the Puni Curse Yet? (this poll is just for fun, lol~.)

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Vote_lcap19%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Vote_lcap25%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Vote_lcap19%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Vote_lcap13%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Vote_lcap13%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 16

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Empty Re: Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.)

Post by Dreamscythes231 Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:02 pm

aS, your wow.

Last edited by Dreamscythes231 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because)
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) - Page 6 Empty Re: Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.)

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:18 pm

(@'^'@) I-it's just because I'm using a vector program so I can make lines the way I want... I'm not that good...!!
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:22 pm

:'O Wow teh awesomeness!
Greeeeeaaaaaaat job~
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:53 pm

Hey. Hey guys. Guess what I just finished.

Spoiler:

Teehee~. How does she look? A lot of her coloration is based off of Putrid Piranha Plants, though I think I've said that before... Gosh, doing this has made me half-tempted to species-swap her just so I can give her actual-self a mouth because those pointy teeth are, A, weirdly adorable despite the fact that they are poisonous (ADORADEADLY lol), and B, one of her unique features. Giving her a visible mouth as a Puni would probably look weird; it only looks good on Pudini because with him it's MEANT to be unsettling and jarring. She's supposed to be cute-cute, not creepy-cute.

Any suggestions for a species swap if I do attempt one, or even just a doodle of one? (...I may or may not have also randomly drawn Punskull as a Toad, by the way... -.-; And attempted a matching Toad!Pudini, but it didn't look right at ALL... ...Knowing him, he'd probably somehow manage to be a Shroob instead JUST to mess with people. ^.^; )

Her hair was initially going to be a bell-shape like a Piranha Plant's head, but I couldn't see the lines of her hair on the phone picture of the rough sketch and ended up with this instead. ...It's probably better than what it was initially meant to be anyway, lol.

...Y'know, looking at the picture now... Should I get rid of the 'hole'/black circle on/in her flower-hat/hat-flower...? I don't think it looks quite right...

Also I know her shoulders are lopsided as all heck; this pose was SUPPOSED to be in 3/4 perspective sorta with her kinda twisting at the waist a bit since she's kinda just lounging there in/on the Pipe, and also I always seem to draw shoulders lopsided no matter what. x.x;

...I know a lot of people on here think poorly of 'Super Paper Mario', and I haven't played it myself, but I do know about Francis the Otaku chameleon, and thinking about it, would this humanized-Piruna basically be Puni-Piruna through his eyes or something...? Uhh, I don't think I phrased that quite right, but I'm not sure how else to say it... :/

...Okay, done rambling on and on and on forever... for now, anyway.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:08 pm

I'd say you should just trying filling the hole it in and giving the two a comparsion. The black hole is a bit jarring as is, maybe if you want to keep it you could try just making it a darker color of the flower itself?
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Okay, made some tweaks to the flower and also made the whole thing bigger because Vectors are amazing like that and actually resizeable~... Here!

Spoiler:

EDIT: okay apparently making her bigger did absoolutely nothing...? :?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:53 pm

It looks a lot better now that the hole is not as stark!

You did an awesome job aS!

:'D
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:48 pm

arcaneScribbler wrote:
So far, Dupli-Puni/"Pudini" represents Creepy Steeple,
Skele-Puni/Punskull represents Twilight Town,
Bluuni/Blooper Puni and Flower Puni represent Keelhaul Key,
Spiny/Spiky Puni represents the Glitz Pits,
Normal Puni is obviously Boggly Woods/The Great Tree,
FUZZY PUNI!* represents Poshley Heights/the train,
Punelipi represents the Crystal Stars themselves (or, I guess, Rogueport, then?)
And I have no idea yet for Para-Puni, Pretty Puni, Glasses/Goggles Puni, and Big Puni...

So. Puni name-and-location update! Because I can. Maybe once I've got them all worked out I'll post a little masterlist with each Puni's picture in a spoiler below their name. Also, the Spiky/Spiny Puni has now become two Punies, a Spiny Puni for and a Spiky/Koopa?/Shell Puni for Petalburg. :3 They're twins.

Punelipi (♀, Blind Puni): Represents the Crystal Stars themselves, sort of, and technically Rogueport I guess. So far she either travels with Jabbers or they run a clinic somewhere...

Puuntail (♂, Tapuunki/Super Leaf Puni): He doesn't really have a set home or location since he's always traveling... ^.^;

??? (♂, Para-Puni): Still need help naming this guy... Haven't figured out much of anything for him yet.

Punior (♂, Big Puni): I guess he could just represent the Great Tree/Boggly Woods? He's based off of the canon Puni, Puniper, after all, at least appearance-wise...

Pudini (♂, Dupli-Puni): He represents the Creepy Steeple, though he doesn't live there. ...Well, he might. If he does live in that area it'd probably be somewhere along the Twilight Trail and he'd make visits to the Steeple to take care of it while his teacher, Doopliss, is off performing as an actor with Flurrie. ...He also has an apartment at the very top of Trickster's Tower in his theme park. No one braving the Tower Challenge has ever managed to reach it yet. ;D All of Pudini's family members can, though, because he told them his way to get to the apartment.

Miss Puni ??? (♀, Pretty Puni): MUST NOT NAME HER THAAAAT. I don't know where she represents or lives. Maybe Poshley Heights...? I dunno...

Kuups (♂, Spiky/Koopa?/Shell Puni): Ahahahaha I seriously named him Kuups. He represents Petalburg and the surrounding area, and he lives in Petalburg with the Koopas there. He's Punk's twin.

Punk (♂, Spiny Puni): His name either really is Punk or it's something silly/mundane like Phillip. He represents and lives in the Glitz Pits as a fighter. ...He's probably the one represented in the Puni Pile, since his twin brother Kuups needs a shell.

Peek (♀, Glasses/Goggles Puni): It's a cute-sounding name, so I decided to go with it. I have no idea where she lives or represents.

Bluupina (♀, Bluuni/Blooper Puni): She lives in and represents Keelhaul Key due to PMTYD's lack of true water areas. Bluupina is a beautician/owns a spa. She is a classy tentacle-legged 'monster lady'.

Piruna (♀, Flower/Piranha Plant Puni): Like Bluupina, she lives in Keelhaul Key, and it's representative when it comes to appearance, but she's more the representative of Rogueport spirit-wise since she's always slipping through the Warp Pipe in the Key to go to Rogueport Sewers and also travels all over the place being a sort of diplomat to Piranha Plants and plant-enemies in general. She gathers ingredients for Bluupina and also makes her own lotions and perfumes.

Punskull (♂, Skele-Puni/Dry Bones Puni): He lives in and represents Twilight Town and has highly-light-sensitive eyes. His skull-'mask' is either his actual face or is worn to cover some kind of ugly, upsetting-to-look at marring of his face (either a deformity or a really prominent, painful-looking scar). His voice is naturally dry and has a 'wind-blowing'/hollow undertone, and though he often speaks quietly, when he raises it/is angry, it becomes really loud and somehow echoes with the clattering of bones. Punskull has a natural sensitivity to ghostly energies, so he can tell when ghosts are nearby (or Pudini is using his powers). He for some reason I haven't worked out yet doesn't seem to like ghosts in general, ESPECIALLY Duplighosts, with the exception of Doopliss and Pudini, though Pudini isn't actually a ghost anyway.

Puni Mechan (♂, Normal Puni/Perfectly Generic Object Puni Secretly-Bipedal Puni): He lives in and represents Boggly Woods-- Screw it, he lives up with Tech-XX in what used to be the X-Nauts' Lunar Base thingamajig. Because though everything about him LOOKS normal, that doesn't mean he has to BE normal, now does it? ;D His jerkwad parents named him PUNI in the hopes he would be 'normal' unlike the other little freak-children that had been born recently. He looked normal, spoke normally, moved normally-- but he went and befriended the freaks. He was scolded for it. A lot. One day he got fed up with it, yelled "I'm one of them, too" at his parents, and stood up on his hind legs, splaying his fingers to show them the hands he'd been hiding all his life... He stormed out in a huff after that and took up the name Mechan after his love of mechanics and in defiance of the traditional naming methods for Punies. Mechan soon moved away to Rogueport, where he eventually came across a job ad for heading up to the Lunar Base to work with Tech-XX. He gladly took it and has been happily learning and building up in space ever since.

Repunzi (♀, Fuzzy-SMORG! Puni) & ??? (unknown gender, MagentaSmorg): Repunzi lives somewhere in the Poshley Heights area and represents it, too. Though, maybe Petal Fields would be a good place for her, too... I'm not really sure. MagentaSmorg (who needs a really silly name) goes wherever she does because he/it/?? lives in her glowball somehow.

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added in 'Normal Puni's' name and stuff about him~)
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:51 pm

Wow. I really need to play The Thousand Year door. I feel as if I'm missing all of the culture your Puni's represent!
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:55 pm

Lol, yeah, it's a great game. You could always watch a Let's Play of it~...

...Anyway! LOOKIT ALL MY PUUUUUNIIIIEEEEESSSSS!!!

Spoiler:

It's still sort of a WIP, what with Punelipi being completely unfinished and me unsure what exactly to do with Punk (also Peek could use some fanciness), but hey, these are all the Punies I've made all arranged neatly so you can see them~! ...Also me playing around with Pudini and visually explaining why I kept describing him as 'spectral' in the Chara Cabana RP. ...Oh, and trying to see how Piruna looks with a mouth.

Edit: Pic update!

Spoiler:

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More picturessssssssss~)
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:11 am

LOOKIT THIS ADORABLE I WANNA PINCH HIS CHEEEEEKS!!!!!

Spoiler:
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:16 am

Pinch 'em! PINCH 'EM!
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:31 am

Okay, here's a proper Human/Twilighter Punskull and Pudini~. *takes a deep breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH~! LOOOOOOKIIIIT THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMM!

Spoiler:
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Lol, I guess I'm on a roll today... Here, have a human/Twilighter Piruna and a female Twilighter base, too. I'll probably post the female Twilighter base into my bases thread later whenever I get around to making a male Twilighter base to go with it.

Spoiler:

BTW the female Twilighter base is based off of the shopkeeper lady.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:05 pm

arcaneScribbler wrote:Lol, I guess I'm on a roll today... Here, have a human/Twilighter Piruna and a female Twilighter base, too. I'll probably post the female Twilighter base into my bases thread later whenever I get around to making a male Twilighter base to go with it.

Spoiler:

BTW the female Twilighter base is based off of the shopkeeper lady.

Hey, hey arcane, arcane

BogglyBound. Think about it for a minute.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:07 pm

.....Are you thinking about Earthbound or Homestuck...? If the latter, no, Piruna isn't Terezi. ;D Also if the latter, "But... They have arms!"
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:07 pm

<3<3<3<3<3
These desreve the hearts
all of them. :'D
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:10 pm

arcaneScribbler wrote:.....Are you thinking about Earthbound or Homestuck...? If the latter, no, Piruna isn't Terezi. ;D Also if the latter, "But... They have arms!"

I think this title should answer which I'm talking about:

"Sweet Doopolical and Hella Star-butt"
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 pm

pfftttvjh oh my gosh thaty thatis holarious eooh hgosh i cna'tn stop shaiking ...

...Sorry... But. Still. ...pffffft....

:cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla: :cuteshyla:
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Sweet work, aS. I would maybe change the inside of Piruna's mouth though. If only because you can make out the color of her teeth well. They blend too much. Otherwise, it is amazing.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:13 am

...Okay, now I actually DO wanna do all my Punies as Twilighters/Humans just to make a "BogglyBound" picture... x.x;

EDIT: Y'know what Human/Twilighter Pudini needs? A cape. A fancy magician's cape with stars on it. ...That is actually just a bedsheet with stars on it, because Duplighost. How did I not think of this sooner...? Also I want to maybe darken Piruna's (maybe even everyone's) hands a la Punies' black limbs... ....Nah, maybe not.

Edit2: also, MagentaSmorg's name is now Paz.

It's based on Repunzal's pet chameleon, Pascal, in Tangled. Oh hey it\'s Tripsy

Oh, and expect a double-post in a sec, because I came up with a slew of stuff for BogglyBound during class for some reason...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Wellp, I have no life. During class earlier I came up with all 16 (14 Punies + 1 Jabbi + 1 Smorg, who finally has a name) of my characters' Classes, Aspects, Lands, AND Client-Server order for BogglyBound even though I will probably never actually make it into anything beyond the bare-bones concept...

Like the troll session, they're split up into two connected chains/groups, though unlike the trolls, it's two groups of 8 rather than 6 and each of these chains COULD be their own session.

Group A, from first into the medium to the last. Group A's first is Group B's last's Server Player and vice versa, otherwise the chains are in order client-server-wise, too.

Punelipi- Seer of Hope- Land of Fog and Angels (LOFAA)
Jabberwonky- Page of Space- Land of Cliffs and Frogs (LOCAF)
Punior- Heir of Time- Land of Rhythm and Miniatures (LORAM)
Bluupina- Sylph of Blood- Land of Pulse and Islands (LOPAI)
Piruna- Witch of Life- Land of Jungles and Quakes (LOJAQ)
Puuntail- Rogue of Light- Land of Trails and Leaves (LOTAL)
Pudini- Bard of Mind- Land of Festivals and Balance (LOFAB)
Punskull- Knight of Doom- Land of Bones and Shade (LOBAS)

Group B:

Mecchan- Mage of Space- Land of Polygons and Frogs (LOPAF)
Peek- Seer of Time- Land of Petals and Clocks (LOPAC)
Kuups- Page of Void- Land of Castles and Tremors (LOCAT)
Punk- Prince of Doom- Land of Rifts and Arenas (LORAA)
MP- Witch of Mind- Land of Lyrics and Chains (LOLAC)
Repunzi- Sylph of Heart- Land of Blades and Textiles (LOBAT)
Paz (MagentaSmorg)- Knight of Rage- Land of Glass and Towers (LOGAT)
Piniun- Bard of Breath- Land of Wings and Melody (LOWAM)

using my phone, will format properly later.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:18 pm

I see Puuntail more like a Page. His social awkwardness gets in the way of almost everything he does, much like the starting disadvantages that a Page starts out with.

If not a Page, though, definitely a Rogue.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:54 pm

CrimsonMage wrote:I see Puuntail more like a Page. His social awkwardness gets in the way of almost everything he does, much like the starting disadvantages that a Page starts out with.

If not a Page, though, definitely a Rogue.

Ehh, I considered it, but Page suits Jabbers and Kuups more than it does Puuntail, and tbh "Rogue of Light" was literally my first thought for him... It just fits what he does so well...! Also now I'm thinking up ChumHandles/whatever... x.x; So far I've got...

Mecchan = abnormalTechnician [AT]
Piniun = taciturnGlider [tG]?, wingBeetle [WB]?
Paz (MagentaSmorg) = sullenOverlord [sO]?, noisyRemote [NR]? (probably gonna be noisyRemote)
Punelipi = <Braille> *TRANSLATING...* stellarRainbow [SR]
Jabberwonky = beakedMedic [BM]
Puuntail = luckyRaccoon [LR]

...Oh wait, that doesn't look like purple at all... Guess I'd better look for a different color for Paz.

Edit: there we go, dark magenta. ...Even though I still can't keep a straight face at the hex code... ...Guess maybe I need to find a new color for Jabbers, too...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Why n... oh, I see.

On a separate subject, the Puni Fever is getting worse. I drew five Punis on a sheet of paper and labeled each of them as different parts of the Five-Man Band, then wrote TEAM PUNI at the top. I'll scan it in to show you if I can find it.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

:: Fan Works

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum