Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.)

+10
Zylo
CrimsonMage
Dreamscythes231
Harvest Ty
turtleOracle
gloomyMoron
Eversor
Shailsnic
LoganAura
arcaneScribbler
14 posters

:: Fan Works

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Have You Succumbed to the Puni Curse Yet? (this poll is just for fun, lol~.)

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Vote_lcap0%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Vote_lcap19%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Vote_lcap25%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Vote_lcap19%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Vote_lcap13%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Vote_lcap13%Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 16

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Empty Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.)

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:27 pm

Teehee! I might as well post my doodlings here, right? Should I put my Puni & Jabby pic here too for archival/easy viewing purposes, too...?

Anyway, my first little piece to contribute iiiiis:

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) PMECNself

Drawing Scribbs's hair was really fun. I kinda just put her in a sweatshirt since I'm always wearing them... It was initially just gonna be a dark gray or black, but then I realized "wait, she has a Puni and a Jabby, both of which are moonochrome-greyscale already... Too much monochrome, aaagh! It's like Boggly Woods all over again!" and decided to spice it up by experimenting with the brushes on Artweaver and finding a way to splatter some rainbow tones onto the gray hoodie. :jitterbugmspa:

I have no idea whether or not I got the sizes right for Punelipi and Jabbers/Jabberwonky, but I know they're both naturally small beings, so I hope I didn't get the sizes TOO skewed... As for those signature-things, what do ya'll think of Punelipi's? Is it nice? I wanted to post this already, so I didn't fancy up Scribbs's or Jabberwonky's yet... ...And getting to incorporate :leafcard: into everything involving Punelipi is fun. I need to practice drawing it myself so I can make the pattern GS made for my Avater-Punelipi; I like that one a LOT. ...Umm, I'm rambling, sorry. Just a bit more, then I'll shoosh.

...Figuring out Scribbs's/my Soul Recipe is going to be so fun~... Once I get the amounts per Humor figured out for Jabbers and Punelipi and get them finished properly, of course. Would asking about it again on the workshop thread be obnoxious...?

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Empty Re: Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.)

Post by LoganAura Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:29 pm

Logan: *OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG SO CUTE*
Out of character me: *Stares at himself*
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Empty Re: Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.)

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:11 am

Insta-love, you may be getting fanart later, just a heads up.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:20 am

Shailsnic wrote:Insta-love, you may be getting fanart later, just a heads up.
Wh-what. WHAT. M-me? Getting... fanart... FANART... .................................... *politely keeps her squeeing to herself so as not to burst your eardrums*
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:45 am

I admire your enthusiasm, but the anatomy is all improper here. Its muddled with flaws

I see a garbled right eye, a ear that is angled at a 3/4ths position. Followed by a amorphous torso that comes off blobby and stringy uneven pair of arms, followed by some mitten hands.

I find quick figure sketches while at parks to be a good way to get a hold over the human figure. It slowly helps get the right dimensions of things and brings your confidence level up in your line work. Just sit at a bench and don't over focus on the details, just get the postures and placements down. It will be a good jumping point to get the fundamentals down.

Message me if you want, I have some great links to some books you can look at, they are really fun to read too!
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:54 am

Thanks for the con-crit, but I already know I fail at human anatomy and anatomy in general. T^T I'm horrible at it and have been horrible for as long as I've been trying to NOT be horrible at it. I've tried and tried and it's just too much for me. It doesn't help that I have naturally shaky hands due to mild cerebral palsy, either... The only thing I'm really good at is faces and apparently Paper Mario species. The blob hands were kind of on purpose because hands are really hard for me to draw...

...Also you have a really nice-looking avatar. What Mario species is it? I don't know that many of them that well, so...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:00 am

He's a Goonie. He goes by the name Mikey (Goonies reference Awwwayyyy!)

http://www.mariowiki.com/Goonie

Silly little guys from Yoshi's Island. Loved those blank stares they had.

Spoiler:
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:03 am

Ooh. The stork-birds! I vaguely remember them now that I've seen where they're from~... Your Goonie is really cool!
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:12 am

He will hold a special fuzzy place in my crazy brain as a stork that lives life hard and dirty, but hes a damn fine traffic reporter with nothing to lose.
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:14 am

Eversor wrote:He will hold a special fuzzy place in my crazy brain as a stork that lives life hard and dirty, but hes a damn fine traffic reporter with nothing to lose.

He also seems to have a Trio Badge, so you know he's good at da pokeymonz. :mspa:
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:16 am

He'd play more but lacking thumbs....and fingers is rather frustrating, he typically taps the shit of buttons with his beak, and that is no good for the neck.
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:18 am

Well, hopefully he'll catch that Slaking so he can reenact that scene with Sloth. Anyway, enough spamming this thread. Haha.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:25 am

"Dude, use your feeeeet!" tongue

Edit: I do not mind the spamming at all. It's fun!
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:35 am

I just noticed, either the right (her right) shoulder is completely missing or the left (her left) shoulder is just way too big!
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:43 am

Drawing people lopsided is a really common issue of mine... x.x;
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:45 am

At least you avoid uncanny valley. It's not a fun valley to be in, especially when you know what to do to make it better, but you can't make the moves necessary to do so.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:48 am

What's uncanny valley??
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:01 am

Uncanny Valley is a term used to describe something that approaches looking real but NOT quite reaches looking real, so it winds up making it repulsive to the human mind.

It's a theory that relates to robotics, but also art.

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) Uncanny-valley-robot-brain
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:04 am

Ohhh! Like porcelain dolls!
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:05 am

Like all of my art -.-'

(That is a joke of course.)
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:06 am

This chart has been on my wall since way back in freshman year college. Now its still scraggly as ever, but its on my apartment bedroom wall.

Doodles and Scribblings from ArcaneScribbler (Also, Punies.) 1260983852591-1_zpsbf97c9eb

Its so cruel and blunt, it sent shivers down my spine the first time I read it. But it's kinda my "Hang in there Kitten" Poster.
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:16 am

.......................oh my goodness gracious that is so true.... Shocked
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleOracle Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:46 am

Wow ! That fine piece of art you did looks so nice Scribbs !

But yeah, as told by Eversor, there are anatomy problems...

Still it looks great !
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:56 am

...I understand that I cannot draw anatomy to save my life... Thanks for the compliment, though.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:22 am

Well it is a rather hard thing to master(I've never been that good at it). Just keep at it aS! :'D
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

:: Fan Works

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum