Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Critique thread: For finished characters!

+12
arcaneScribbler
BigBurkhart
Purple Walrus
Eversor
CrimsonMage
Captain Combusken
Shailsnic
sournote103
gloomyMoron
Unclever title
Harvest Ty
Todd Ingram
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Critique thread: For finished characters! - Page 3 Empty Re: Critique thread: For finished characters!

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:03 pm

....is it weird that seeing that picture made me want to make a pair of Phanto Masks (brothers?) that either work at the Lost and Found/Help Center/etc. or inside Trickster's Tower in Spook Citadel...? ...Them being at the Lost and Found would probably be hilarious, actually...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Critique thread: For finished characters! - Page 3 Empty Re: Critique thread: For finished characters!

Post by turtleOracle Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:14 pm

I think they wouldn't give back the keys they found...

Lost and Found is the place where you get back the things that you loose in the theme park, right ?

Or maybe I completely misunderstood.
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Walrus Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:32 pm

Er, this is more of a fan-story than a fan-character. He's more of a creeypasta character than an ECN one.
Since I can't critique his personality I'll critique his design. I feel like you could do more with it, there are more creepier masks out there than the Phanto one.

Purple Walrus
Purple Walrus
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:35 pm

That would be the point though? Like, a normal lost and found is a place for lost items to be located in hopes that their owner claims them. In this case, the Phantos would horde any keys they find. They would be both TERRIBLE and AWESOME Lost and Found attendants. Alternatively, they would also make good Security Guards or Janitors (so long as you gave them keys to hold).
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Walrus Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:41 pm

Also guys take this Phanto character discussion to the workshop thread. We don't want to start going off topic.
Purple Walrus
Purple Walrus
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by awfulAlliteration Wed May 01, 2013 3:20 pm

awfulAlliteration wrote:I mentioned this guy in the Workshop Thread a while back.

Spoiler:

He's a Shayde businessman named Sham. He's the kind of dude who hangs out in back alleys and sells watches to unsuspecting folks. I'm working on a backstory right now, but I want to know what everyone thinks of him right now?

EDIT: I GUESS I SHOULD ELABORATE ON HIS HUMOR PROFILE HA HA HA Facepalm

35% Insight

+ Confidence
+ Ambition
- Tactless

35% Logos

+ Intelligence
+ Fast-thinking
- Obsessive
- Arrogant

20% Turnabout

+ Quirky
- Kind of sleazy

10% Vision

+ Creativity
- Tunnel vision

Still looking for input on this dude. If you don't mind, I mean.
awfulAlliteration
awfulAlliteration
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Wed May 01, 2013 5:20 pm

I do like his Humor Profile; the spectral thing is a nice touch. I've never really seen Turnabout used for sleaziness, although I see how they could relate very easily. And I like his name as well.

A little more expoisition on him would be nice. Something akin to a profile in the wiki, perhaps.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:26 am

I think a double post is permissible when five months have passed.

Bucky, my first new fan-character in quite a while, has been added to the wiki! He's the first in a series of characters I'm making who live in an abandoned foretress called Bristle Citadel, sent away by the Koopa Troop for being nusiances.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleOracle Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Wow. It's been a while, eh ? Well, since PMECN is back, I see no reason to not get back to using this.

So, I recently completely rewrote Beanio's story : Here.

What do you guys think ?
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianBurger Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:59 pm

I thought I was alone here! I came on in October and freaked out when no one showed up!

In any event, I think the backstory is fleshed out pretty well. States why the character is in the Mushroom Kingdom, why he isn't ostracized here and how he manages to survive given the personality.
ChristianBurger
ChristianBurger
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3