Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure)

+3
CrimsonMage
Eversor
Zylo
7 posters

:: Fan Works

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) Empty Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure)

Post by Zylo Wed May 29, 2013 5:36 am

I will start by saying that this may be a bad idea and might fail instantly. But I am proposing a multi Author Adventure. I think this could be fun and would be a great way to try and get this community even more active. This Adventure will take commands from the readers like normal, but every Update will be done by a different person. No art style needs to be followed and anyone can be the Author. The only rule is the author MUST use at least one command given by the readers per update.

I have prepared a character after rolling some random stats to give this a test run.
to be the next author just post a "reserve" post. This will give you 3 days to make an update. If you are unable to make this deadline, then another person can take up the torch, it will prevent stalling and keeps it moving along.

Also the last person to update can not draw until someone different makes a update

Old rules-
Spoiler:

Now then lets begin.

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) 0_zpsbefe88ae

The lights come on to reveal our main character. She is a toad currently living in DOWN POUR HARBOR a small coastal city where it rarely isn't raining. It is here that she runs the local Inn THE WESTERN WAVE. When she isn't busy cleaning the place furiously due to an OBSESSIVE NEED FOR THINGS TO BE CLEAN, She can often be found doing odd jobs for people around town while wearing her GREEN RAIN COAT. She is a darn good COOK and is rather handy with some NEEDLE AND THREAD. Both skills of course come in handy when you run an Inn. Though when no one is around late at night She can be found SINGING happily on her roof, or in some isolated location far away from OTHER PEOPLE. This is because she is rather shy and has a hard time dealing with PEOPLE as she has NO CONFIDENCE.

If we take a look at her soul we can see that she has....

Shine: +optimist

Flow: +Patient

Mend: +Selfless -Insecure

Logos: -Obsessive

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) 1-2_zps0a1494f5

As it turns out, Today is her Best friends birthday and she was just preparing to go. But first she needs to finish writing her Card, who is this card From?

Last edited by Zylo on Wed May 29, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) Empty Re: Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure)

Post by Eversor Wed May 29, 2013 2:49 pm

((Just a suggestion, but perhaps we could do this a lot like a His Scene, Her Style. Where a person posts a "reserve" post that essentially gives them 6 hours to make a update and if they are unable to make that deadline, then another person can take up the torch, it prevents stalling and keeps it moving along.

Also the last person to update can not draw until someone different makes a update))
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) Empty Re: Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure)

Post by Eversor Wed May 29, 2013 2:57 pm

>Love, Penelope

-Did you have a gift for your friend as well? Besides the card? I mean the card is nice...but gifts are better.
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Zylo Wed May 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Eversor wrote:((Just a suggestion, but perhaps we could do this a lot like a His Scene, Her Style. Where a person posts a "reserve" post that essentially gives them 6 hours to make a update and if they are unable to make that deadline, then another person can take up the torch, it prevents stalling and keeps it moving along.

Also the last person to update can not draw until someone different makes a update))

( That works to I guess. Idk I just wanted to do a collaboration sort of thing. But lets change it to this idea for now, so now it runs on the dibs system. Though 6 hours is really not enough time. Id like to move it up to like 3 days at least, you don't know how slow I draw.)

Last edited by Zylo on Wed May 29, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Wed May 29, 2013 8:09 pm

Hmm Well, needs more suggestions to get the ball rollin'
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed May 29, 2013 10:16 pm

>Tina
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic3535 Thu May 30, 2013 10:30 pm

>Tish

>Remember to bring the gift, too! And your umbrella, of course.
sonic3535
sonic3535
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Fri May 31, 2013 11:44 pm

I guess I could sign up. But I could only link images from Colors.
So umm put me on the list for later I guess if that is okay. :'>

>Jasmine Jayme, a Jungle gal who recently moved to the big city to gain a better education.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic3535 Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:28 pm

You know what, I don't have a ton of confidence I can make great art, but I bet I can do an update in three days!

Consider me signed up.

I'll also ignore my own commands to make things fair. Smile
sonic3535
sonic3535
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Zylo Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:56 pm

sonic3535 wrote:You know what, I don't have a ton of confidence I can make great art, but I bet I can do an update in three days!

Consider me signed up.

I'll also ignore my own commands to make things fair. Smile

Ok you are up to bat then, you got 3 days.

> Penelope

Idk she looks looks like a Penelope to me.
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic3535 Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:08 am

Eversor wrote:>Love, Penelope
Zylo wrote:> Penelope
Harvest Ty wrote:Jasmine Jayme, a Jungle gal who recently moved to the big city to gain a better education.

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) E4SvSnO

Your name is PENELOPE T. JAYME, but you go by OPEE among most of your friends. You are of course of the famous JUNGLE JAYMES legacy, but you decided awhile ago that you wanted to live a different lifestyle than your FAMILY, so you started your business and education here in DOWN POUR HARBOR.

Eversor wrote:>Did you have a gift for your friend as well? Besides the card? I mean the card is nice...but gifts are better.

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) XwUI2Qh

Of course you got your friend a gift! You know they're really going to need it for their BIG ADVENTURE that's coming soon, too. You can't WAIT to give it to them! You suppose it's about time to go, now that you think about it.

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) 0yrmA87

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) NhzJVPQ

You pick up the GIFT and LETTER you got for your friend to bring with you. You then exit the WESTERN WAVE and step onto the streets of DOWN POUR HARBOR. Your friend lives in the same part of the town, and thankfully it isn't currently raining, so the walk should be pleasant.

Along the way, you think about how excited your friend will be!
Your FRIEND, who of course you know is a...
Whose NAME is...
But when you have to use a PRONOUN, you always say..!
sonic3535
sonic3535
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Zylo Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:30 am

> Your FRIEND, who of course you know is a Koopa
Whose NAME is Less K.
But when you have to use a PRONOUN, you always say he.
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic3535 Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:00 pm

> Your FRIEND, who of course you know is a yoshi
Whose NAME is Xandra.
But when you have to use a PRONOUN, you always say she!
sonic3535
sonic3535
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Your FRIEND, who of course you know is a Twilighter
Whose NAME is Melana
But when you have to use a PRONOUN, you always say she.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:47 am

Ill take up the next update, but only if you can manage to obtain 1 more player vote! Very Happy
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by captiousCreative Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:03 am

Your FRIEND, who of course you know is a Blooper
Whose NAME is Blouiese
But when you have to use a PRONOUN, you always say gurl.
captiousCreative
captiousCreative
Conspirator
Conspirator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic3535 Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Looks like Eversor has T minus 3 days, and counting.
sonic3535
sonic3535
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:36 pm

T-minus 8 hours
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:22 am

...Looks like that walkway across the canal isn't too busy, so you suppose this is as pleasant you could ask for.

You clutch the present close to your chest as you pocket the card. These streets are all full of ruffians and hoodlums, so you always have to be vigilant.

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) Funtime1_zps6ffc9aab

Downpour Harbor is actually quite the dangerous place to live. But it's much more exciting then your dull life back home with your family. You wouldn't ever think of going back home, life is all about have new experiences, and this place is full of them.

Anyways, just across the corner is your friend's place...

sonic3535 wrote:> Your FRIEND, who of course you know is a yoshi
Whose NAME is Xandra.
But when you have to use a PRONOUN, you always say she!

Ah yes, your special friend, Xandra! She has 2 laser eyes, one rocket foot and the other foot is a grappling hook. But that's not the most interesting part of her! She has the ability to transform into a motorcycle! How crazy is that? You met her Fire-Flower Eating Contest, she accidentally set the whole park on fire, and got disqualified...Man that was crazy.

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) Funtime2_zpsb6d8b1d6

Yup....Xandra!

captiousCreative wrote:Your FRIEND, who of course you know is a Blooper
Whose NAME is Blouiese
But when you have to use a PRONOUN, you always say gurl.

Pppfft! Sorry, your imagination gets the best of you...this isn't for Xandra...(since she doesn't exsist, sadly.)

This gift is for your friend Blouiese! She's really quite the character though. She get's hooked onto a hobby and goes really overboard. She recently heard of these warriors from far off in the east, she got really excited about them and started studying them like a mad-woman! She even dresses like one of them now.

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) Funtime3_zps646d86bb

She recently renovated home to look like a Dojo and has started to take "students" but to be fair, she reallllly doesn't seem adequate enough teach others the "way of the warrior".

Blouiese's enthusiasm is what is simply amazing about her though, you can't help but be jealous of that blooper sometimes.

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) Funtime4_zps59ca7f69

Anyways, time to give a gurl some gifts!
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Zylo Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:45 am

> Enter the building, you don't want to be late! Just think what will people say about you!?
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic3535 Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:44 pm

> Someone: Try to spar with Opee.
sonic3535
sonic3535
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:09 pm

>Tiptoe quietly around to the back. You don't want to awaken the sleeping Piranha Plant. That would be bad.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:42 pm

>Blouise be in the middle of "meditation" at the koi pond in the center of the dojo
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Zylo Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:47 pm

I'll nab this update.
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Zylo Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:34 pm

>Tiptoe quietly around to the back. You don't want to awaken the sleeping Piranha Plant. That would be bad.

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) 2-1_zps4f1834eb

The back, why would you need to go back there? You just simply have to walk quietly by. Looks like old Chuck is all tuckered out. That piranha plant sure knows how to talk someones jaw off. Sometimes, the guy will talk himself right to sleep. Which you assume is the case here.

Baby Steps ( A Multi Author Adventure) 3-1_zps69d249e6

You enter the main room to see your friend. Uh oh, looks like she is "meditating" as she calls it. In reality she is just pouting on a rock (and at her own party no less!) Something must have happened. You hope she isn't like this because of you. Especially with her collection of sharp objects all tossed about. You can hear some voices from the next room, sounds like there are in fact some other people here currently.
(I tried doing a homestuckish style for kicks and giggles. )
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: Fan Works

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum