Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-))

+10
CrimsonMage
turtleOracle
Shailsnic
Eversor
Todd Ingram
Dreamscythes231
Admin
gloomyMoron
LoganAura
arcaneScribbler
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-)) Empty Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-))

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:44 am

The white/blank character templates we (well, you Senior-Junior Soul Smiths, really, I wasn't a reader that early on ^_^; ) saw when making Jitterbug really caught my interest. I feel like they'd be a great resource, especially for those of us lacking in artistic talent. So, umm, my point is, why don't we try and make some to share? I think I might even attempt a few (maybe even try and make some badge/medal-like thingies to represent Modifiers like Para-), though I can't really replicate that nice, clean Paper Mario style that well with my skills and resources (Though I'll try!)...

Soooo, anyone interested in making some or asking me to try to make some? Uh, please make any requests simple for now; I'm not very confident in my skills... Off I go to go look at the Jitterbug creation pages and see how those templates looked~...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-)) Empty Re: Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-))

Post by LoganAura Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:45 am

Oh, so you mean character design bases? That would be really awesome to have for the artistically challenged Surprised (Like me)
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-)) Empty Re: Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-))

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:02 am

Yep, those! I figure, hey, might as well at least TRY, right? Though as you saw from my Puni and Jabby, it's not like my linearting skills are all that clean... But I'll try! Hopefully then other people will try and actually make GOOD ones! Very Happy
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:22 am

I could make an attempt at one if there was one someone wanted. Fair warning though: carpal tunnel and mouse drawing does not equal the best lines. Derp. I could manage basic things though, perhaps. Still, better artists would be appreciated.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:41 am

I already made a Puni one using the drawing I did as a base while referring to the style the ones in GS's Template Box were in. :3 Can't post it myself until a week has passed, though, unless maybe I need to ask an admin to unrestrict my account or something?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:44 am

The IMG button doesn't work? It works for me if you have a host. also, you could just post the link and leave out the http and the www . That tricks the 'block'.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:57 am

Oh, it works. It just won't let me post if I put an IMG tag thing or anything with a URL. Says I have to have been registered on the forum for at least 7 days first. :/ Got my Jabby base done, too...

EDIT:

Puni: http: //i760. photobucket. com/ albums/ xx242/ hypernirani/ Punicharacterbase. png

Jabby: http: //i760. photobucket. com/ albums/ xx242/ hypernirani/ Jabbycharacterbase. png
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:04 am

I wish you guys had Adobe Illustrator. I could just give you all my vectors and you could mess with them how you please. Still, I can at least start assembling some sprite sheets or something for you. I already have one for Tripsy.

Spoiler:
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://pmecn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:14 am

Whoa... YOU ARE AMAZING!!! ...Umm, wait, you're the Admin, right? Can you make me able to submit images, please...?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:22 am

I thiiiink you should be able to now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://pmecn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:29 am

YES! It works! Thank you so much!

Puni Base:
Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-)) Punicharacterbase-1

Jabby Base:
Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-)) Jabbycharacterbase-1

EDIT: 5:07-ish AM 04/16/2013

...Screw it, if I'm gonna be an insomniac, I might as well be a productive one while I'm at it. Here, have a Bob-Omb and a Goomba with Spiny and Para 'accessories'. The goombas were traced from Paper Mario art I found using Google (sorry, I'm tired and didn't think I'd be able to manage them properly by hand (EYEBROWS ARE MY WORST ENEMY, ESPECIALLY THICK ONES) in my current state...), but I drew the Bob-Omb by hand... ^_^; That's why the Goomba's so small in comparison. Sorry.

Bob-Omb Base:
Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-)) Bob-Ombbase-1

Goomba Base + Spiny & Para:
Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-)) GoombabasewithParaandSpiny-1

EDIT: 7:45 PM, 04/16/2013

Might as well add the Dry Bones one here, too... Also, fixed my image files so now they're all 32-bit PNGs like gloomyMoron suggested. ;D

Dry Bones Base/Koopa + ???:
Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-)) DryBonesbase-1
(I wonder, do Dry Bones count as a seperate Template of their own or are they Koopa Templates with some kind of modifier applied...?)

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing images)
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:32 am

Can you do one of a Dry Bones?

Just asking.
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:34 am

Ummm... I can try? Just let me grab some reference and see what I can do with it. ^_^;

Edit: Here you go, one mediocrely traced Dry Bones (I don't think I can draw something so complex without tracing it, much as I prefer to at least attempt to draw the bases myself... x.x;), courtesy of the insomniac girl!

Edit 2: Fixed the image file; it's a 32-bit PNG now. Hopefully it'll work better than the BMP did.

Character Templates! (And Modifiers (like Para-)) DryBonesbase-1

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed images)
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:21 am

Thank.

EDIT:
File is uncool, can't parse with photoshop and has the shitty JPEG effect when opened in paint, you tried.
I guess my computer is just not fit. U.U
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:19 pm

I don't have Illustrator but I do have something I can edit vectors with, pretty sure.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Dreamscythes231 wrote:Thank.

EDIT:
File is uncool, can't parse with photoshop and has the shitty JPEG effect when opened in paint, you tried.
That's weird... I uploaded it as a bitmap. Should I have made it a different file type?

Btw the program I use is called Artweaver. I sort of have access to photoshop and illustrator through my college's computer labs, but otherwise all I've got is Artweaver and Paint. -.-; I would probably be able to make actual decent-looking bases with a vector program (or photoshop; Artweaver's better for imitating IRL brush effects than clean marks)...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:00 pm

arcaneScribbler wrote:

EDIT:
That's weird... I uploaded it as a bitmap. Should I have made it a different file type?

PNG. Always 32-Bit PNG. (Also, delete the background to make it transparent.)

gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:51 pm

gloomyMoron wrote:
arcaneScribbler wrote:

EDIT:

PNG. Always 32-Bit PNG. (Also, delete the background to make it transparent.)

Okay, I fixed them all! ...I think. Hopefully it should work now.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:23 am

Thanks again. You shouldn't be really saying sorry because your doing this free. UuU
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 am

Welcome! Why wouldn't I do this for free? :3 Heehee. It gives me something to do when my insomnia acts up~...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:09 am

I have Illustrator actually, I would love to see your files and look over them to play with.

(You are using CS6 right?)
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:13 am

No, I'm using a crummy program called Artweaver that came free with my little mousepad-shaped-and-roughly-sized tablet. ^_^; The drawing was done by hand, scanned in at the computer lab and the lineart was then cleaned up using the school's Photoshop, then later when I got back to the dorm I opened it up in Artweaver and colored it and started working on making the signatures/names pretty like how Punelipi's is.

EDIT: whoops wrong thread, brain. My fanart was hand-drawn, the Templates I made were done solely with my tablet and generally with the aid of reference as bases via Googling "Paper Mario [species]".

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:15 am

arcaneScribbler wrote:No, I'm using a crummy program called Artweaver that came free with my little mousepad-shaped-and-roughly-sized tablet. ^_^; The drawing was done by hand, scanned in at the computer lab and the lineart was then cleaned up using the school's Photoshop, then later when I got back to the dorm I opened it up in Artweaver and colored it and started working on making the signatures/names pretty like how Punelipi's is.

Eversor probably meant gS, since gS was talking about using Vectors. Might be wrong though.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:21 am

Oh I am sorry, I hadn't read the other posts, I just sorta looked at the first 3 or 4 and just freakin' posted. (Like a goof!)

(I am using a rather small 6X8 Wacom board right now too, but I just took my tax money and blew it all on a new Cintiq, but...I cry as I see my money fly away from me so fast)
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 am

No need to apologize, it's fine. I was mixing this thread up with my art one in my head anyway... x.x; (also like a goof.)

(A whatwhatwhat now? Tax money...? I-I'm just a college student. ^.^; Mine's a VisTablet PenPad or something.)
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next