Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan-Establishments and Locations (like a toy shop run by a fancharacter, etc.) Workshop!

+3
Harvest Ty
Shailsnic
arcaneScribbler
7 posters

Go down

Fan-Establishments and Locations (like a toy shop run by a fancharacter, etc.) Workshop! Empty Fan-Establishments and Locations (like a toy shop run by a fancharacter, etc.) Workshop!

Post by arcaneScribbler Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm

EDIT 1: Thanks for all the suggestions so far, everyone~! Now I just need to add them... Quoting them in the spoiler right here:
Spoiler:

Okay, so. My fan-character Pudini the Dupli-Puni runs "the Mushroom Kingdom's most successful Haunted House". ...Or at least, that's the idea I started with for him.

(picture of Pudini in the spoiler for reference)
Spoiler:

Now, it's become far bigger. I realized Pudini isn't the type to settle for a mere Haunted House... No, he needs a whole Halloween-ish Theme Park! And so began the world-building... Here's what I've got so far:

Note: Not many people know that the founder of the theme park is a Puni. Or who he even is at all. Or even if it's a he. As such, just as with the Disney parks, there's lots of speculation and rumors and myths and 'secrets' about the park as a result. ....Anyway.

Name: Spook Citadel
Potential Location: The edge/Border of Spooky Forest, Dreamscythe's fan-location that is apparently a sub-region of either Forever Forest (Paper Mario) or The Forest Maze (Super Mario RPG).

Attractions:

Doopliganger's Labyrinth: A mirror-maze funhouse named in honor of Pudini's teacher. Suggested by GloomyMoron, I added Labyrinth to the name though.

Pider Drop: One of those tower-drop rides, but Pider-themed. No one really knows why except the select few aware of the park's founder's identity. Pudini put it in as a hilarious-to-him inside joke. Suggested by GloomyMoron.

Perilous Pipeworks: Like the It's a Bug's Life playground in Disney World... A PipeMaze/Exploration Adventure-themed childrens' play area. Pudini was inspired by Piruna as to its design.

Nightmare Manors: A multi-Haunted-House indoor-outdoor rollercoaster thing. Based off of the Manors of Evershade Valley, and there's an informational exhibit at the ride's base. Suggested by GloomyMoron.

All About Spooks and Specters: A semi-interactive informational exhibit at the base of Nightmare Manors where holographic recordings of Professor E. Gadd teach people about ghosts and stuff.

Funny Bones Theater: Name is self-explanatory.

E. Gadd's Poltergust Panic!: Shoot the targets! with ghosts, pretty much? Either a carnival-style game or a ride of some kind...

The Triple-Tail Challenge: Maybe? Some epic battle quest against "Hooktail", "Gloomtail", and "Bonetail"....?

Friends on the Other Side: A seance-themed performance-thingy; the host/star wears a "skull" (PUNSKULL) mask. Suggested by GloomyMoron.

Lady Bow's Bungalow Bootique: one of the gift shops. All the gift shops sell Puni plushes and no one really knows why. There are all sorts of rumors and myths and speculation about it.

Trickster's Tower: Requires a special separate ticket (like Disney QUEST) and is almost always sold out. It's this HUGE Haunted House Adventure Maze thing that's almost always sold out. Rumor has it that a few Unlimited Access Passes for it exist, and if they do/did, they'd probably be worth a LOT of money.

~EDIT 1's new attractions~

The Sixth Sense: A "blindfolded" game consisting over a narrow, branching path extending over a pool of water, the goal being to cross over to the far end without falling in. A "true test of bravery" (and also patience, because if you try to hurry instead of carefully feeling ahead for each step, you're likely to end up going SPLOOSH!). The whole thing has an 'otherworldy' atmosphere to it... Suggested by Harvest Ty, name suggested by CrimsonMage.

Raccoon Trail: Just one of the paths/garden-areas running through the park rather than a ride, this is a somewhat eerie yet surprisingly peaceful(-ish) forest pathway and garden with Maple Trees and Tanooki Trees. Every once in a while, a staff member will pop out from his/her/?? hiding place and hand out little trinkets and candy. Suggested by Harvest Ty.

The Future Toaday: A theme-area I need to fill with attractions, it resembles a cold, possibly-in-outer-space laboratory/spaceship/area that has a cold, abandoned/post-apocalypse feel... Suggested and named by Harvest Ty.

Tech-Talk: Okay, it's Disney's Turtle Talk with Crush except with Tech-XX and a mostly-offscreen co-host (Mecchan) chatting with parkgoers via live feed from the Lunar Base. Maybe also an "X-Nauts Know What" Quiz show, too?

Giant Land: Another playground area where everything is super-sized and exploreable, like the It's A Bug's Life playground in Disney. Suggested by Harvest Ty.

Glitz Blitz!: AAAAGH this one ended up being really really long, sticking it in a spoiler:
Spoiler:
Originally suggested by GloomyMoron, greatly expanded upon by me. ^.^;

Koopa-Shell Bumper Cars: Name is self-explanatory. Some of the bumper cars are Red Shells, others Green, etc., and there are also bumper cars based off of the various subspecies of Dry Bones.

FuzzyFangs Plush Emporium: The name is self-explanatory and the shopfront's mascot is a giant stylized Fuzzy. The Emporium also has a Build-A-Bear Workshop-esque second floor. Smorgs are among the plushified critters sold here...

X-Gear: An X-Nauts-themed shop in the The Future Toaday area... There are probably a LOT of costume shops of various sorts scattered through the park, actually, thanks to the spooky/Halloween theme...

Vivian's Veils: It's a little kiosk/outdoor-shop/cart-thingy that sells masks and hats and stuff~.

...So, there they are. I kind of want there to be at least one attraction/shop/whatever themed somehow after one of the members of Pudini's 'family', ie my weird Punies plus Jabbers and MagentaSmorg.

So far, that's working out as:

Punelipi (♀, Blind Puni): The Sixth Sense

Jabberwonky/"Jabbers" (♂, Groundbound Jabbi): ??? (maybe Pider Drop, sort of...?)

Puuntail (♂, Tapuunki/Super Leaf Puni): Raccoon Trail

Piniun (♂, Para-Puni): ???

Punior (♂, Big Puni): Giant Land

Pudini (♂, Dupli-Puni): Trickster's Tower (Also the whole park in general, but that tower requires a separate ticket for good reason; it's his masterpiece, really!)

M.P./"Miss Puni"/Mariunne-Petuni (♀, Pretty Puni): ???

Kuups (♂, Koopa/Shell Puni): Koopa-Shell Bumper Cars

Punk (♂, Spiky Puni): Glitz Blitz!

Peek (♀, Pink Glasses/Goggles Puni): ???

Bluupina (♀, Bluuni/Blooper Puni): ???

Piruna (♀, Flower/Piranha Plant Puni): Perilous Pipeworks

Punskull (♂, Skele-Puni/Dry Bones Puni): Friends on the Other Side (technically Funny Bones Theater, too)

Puni Mecchan (♂, Not-So-Normal Puni/Bipedal Puni/HANDS!!!1 Puni): The Future Toaday area in general, Tech-Talk (which he also sort-of co-stars in)

Repunzi (♀, Fuzzy-SMORG! Puni) & ??? (unknown gender, MagentaSmorg): FuzzyFangs Plush Emporium

suggestions greatly appreciated!

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : okay, adding in the new suggestions now...)
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Fan-Establishments and Locations (like a toy shop run by a fancharacter, etc.) Workshop! Empty Re: Fan-Establishments and Locations (like a toy shop run by a fancharacter, etc.) Workshop!

Post by Shailsnic Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Do shops count? If so, I will make a contribution.

Also, will critique your area later, I'm kinda just out of it right now.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Fan-Establishments and Locations (like a toy shop run by a fancharacter, etc.) Workshop! Empty Re: Fan-Establishments and Locations (like a toy shop run by a fancharacter, etc.) Workshop!

Post by Harvest Ty Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Punelipi could have some kind of Blindfolded game... How about a small path that extends in various directions over a pool of water, with visiters trying to cross to the end. Like a true test of bravery. It could also work for Bluupina instead without the blindfolf, and just a few cheap scares along the way that make you lose your balance.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Oooh. Those sound really good! Yes, shops count~. Got any name suggestions for 'em, Ty?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:40 pm

I don't have any ideas for names. >n>"

Also Puuntail could have some sort of eerie forest pathway/garden with Maple Trees and a few Tanooki Trees making the forest!
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Alright then, here you guys go.

Here's a picture in the spoilers:
Spoiler:
I was thinking that I should replace the table with a counter, and that the background behind the radio and bob-omb should be a... library let's say. Sorry for the "not cleanness" of the picture by the way.

and here's a document. Inside of it is the details of each little segment in the store.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:04 pm

@aC and Harvest: Perhaps the blindfold thing could be named "The Sixth Sense," for the fact that you have to rely on things other than sight and its... otherworldy atmosphere .

@Shailsnic: Hmm... Most "Quest Centers" happen to be bars or something similar due to the fact that the barkeepers happen to pick up info (You don't have to do a bar if you do this idea though, just something similar). Or maybe a printing place due to the fact that characters basically place "ads" in the form of requests.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:08 pm

CrimsonMage wrote:@aC and Harvest: Perhaps the blindfold thing could be named "The Sixth Sense," for the fact that you have to rely on things other than sight and its... otherworldy atmosphere .

@Shailsnic: Hmm... Most "Quest Centers" happen to be bars or something similar due to the fact that the barkeepers happen to pick up info (You don't have to do a bar if you do this idea though, just something similar). Or maybe a printing place due to the fact that characters basically place "ads" in the form of requests.

It's a library that has newspapers and a bulletin board. That counts as a printing press right?
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:16 pm

I guess it does actually.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Oooh. I like that idea. Themed areas as well as rides and stuff~.

...Wow, what a cool little shop!

...Gah I keep getting ninja'd before the post can go through...

@CrimsonMage That name is PERFECT. Peeeerfect. ...Also, @Harvest Ty, the trail can be called Raccoon Path, which is yet another thing about the park that intrigues/confuses people~. ;D
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:14 pm

Maybe the Normal puni has a "The future toaday" Area, that has an cold future lab feel, that is abandoned/apocalized.

Punoir could have a Giant Land? Like with giant Scary things that you can enter and explore?
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:14 pm

The Spike-Puni twins could have a Laser-Tag like attraction that is based on the Glitz Pitz or a something like that.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:49 pm

YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL SO AWESOME~
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:02 am

arcaneScribbler wrote:YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL SO AWESOME~

You're only NOW just noticing? :bbmspa:
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:45 am

WAIT< I KNOW THE PERFECT LOCATION FOR YOUR PUNIES HAUNTED HOUSE!
MY FAN LOCATION OF SPOOKY FOREST!
It's a deeper part of that weird forest where you can get lost and like magic and stuff you can enter only Spooky Forest if you did a thing like turn right instead of left and it includes..

-A carnival area.
-A town with a gothic, steampunk life style.
-The graveyard where my char lives.
-Etc.

It's basically a safe haven for people who got lost and hasn't been able to leave so they settled there and slowly adapted a lifestyle all on their own, due t little to no outsider interaction they developed strange habits.(Meaning the amount of people with turnabout here is very high.)

Wait, let me just catch u with the discussion.

EDIT: Caught up..........

:mspa:

Well since there is no actual map for the carnival yet so yeah.
The carnival could be famous because it has an entrance to the misty forest thingy and people just randomly go in and out.
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:04 am

Shailsnic wrote:
arcaneScribbler wrote:YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL SO AWESOME~

You're only NOW just noticing? :bbmspa:

Psh, I noticed a long time ago, just figured announcing it repeatedly would be annoying.

@Dreamscythe As long as the theme park is accesible by the general public and able to be well-known, that'd be perfect! The people who live there could be the staff!
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:37 am

Maybe it would be the direct source of income because they are stuck in the forest? For some mysterious something?

I will make a map...
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Whoo, I updated the root post with everyone's suggestions plus a few new ones of my own~... Very Happy Just figured I'd say so via post, lol.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Zylo Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Hmmm I may have to get in on this while I have the time.
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Okay, regarding the Triple Tail Trials (I know it's called challenge but I think Trial works better) A couple of ideas just came to me.

Maybe you could do something based off of each of them in some way, like for example:

Hooktail Trial: You will be served three of the most disgusting meals that one can think of. You have to eat every single one to pass this trial, and head on to the next one. (To go with the gluttonous behavior Hooktail has, obviously the food won't cause any harm, they'll either look disgusting and taste delicious, or look amazing and taste horrible. Maybe even both! There'll probably be a warning at the front of the attraction saying something along the lines of "We are not to be blamed for anyone who gets sick or harmed during these trials. Only let the brave enter". If the contestant can't eat... we'll figure something out!)

Gloomtail Trial: A "vengeance is mine" sort of deal. One must set up the most elaborate prank on the host they can with a limited amount of equipment. They can use more than what they have, but they HAVE to use the equipment given to them in some way, shape, or form. he maximum amount of things ALOWED in said prank is 20, the things give ranges from 5-10 depending on the items. (You know, because of "Oh hey, you killed my sister, I'll have revenge!" thing he had going on. This is a revenge for the first trial. Maybe there's a possible time limit? I don't know.)

Bonetail Trial: Through the darkness, one must find 10 unique items and bring them all back to the start. Along the way one will find small puzzles and fights in order to reach said item. They must do all of these in the dark, with a small light source. A candle maybe? There WILL be a timelimit of course, otherwise people might be lost in there... FOREVER. When the timelimit is up, the roof is removed and light shine in the whole area, allowing the host to see and greet them. The amount of items they get in this Trial will determine their reward!
(Pit of 100 trials had an item every 10 floors, hence why they have to find 10 things in the dark. If they can SEE through the dark, they'll be given equipment of some sort to prohibit their vision. There'll be some sort of trigger attached to it that will turn on and inform the host that they are removing the device, if they do remove the device.)

Now then, going to read the others and will be back with more ideas in a bit.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:32 pm

How about a monster Botique for Ms. Puni. That puts monster makeup on you.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:45 pm

Regarding Poltergust Panic: Why not both? Make an indoor rollercoaster of sorts in which one is inside a cart that has a shooter of sorts (Safe one) that can be spun around so that one can hit targets behind him/her? The coaster itself will be fast at some points, slow at others. A helmet will be given to prevent wind getting in one's eyes. It's a game of skill, timing, and speed. Think of that balloon mission from Mario Sunshine at Pianta Park.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Sun May 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Peek's attraction should probably be related to whoever enters moving FAST to solve puzzles and figure stuff out, moving mostly on instinct over everything else.

((For example, let's say there's a room with a floor that can open up like doors would and then close themselves. Unless you finished all four Puzzles or whatever within the amount of time given, the floor would open up and you would fall into a giant pool of water, followed by a voice that says something along the lines of.

"Aww... sorry you didn't do so well, but hey, you'll do better next time, I'm sure of it!"

Which would be meant as a "cheer me up" but would accidentally turn into something that would make others want to do it AGAIN to get it RIGHT.

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE THOUGH AND I AM PRETTY SURE I COULD THINK OF SOMETHING BETTER IN ENOUGH TIME))

Basically, her attraction would be the "GOTTA GO FAST, but also got to make sure you don't mess up" sorta thing.

(If there is already an attraction that could be described like that, my bad, forgot what each said really =/)
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down